Suggestions and Ideas go here

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
techman
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions and Ideas go here

Post by techman » Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 am

TonysShadow wrote:This may sound a bit silly to some folks,
Ive never owned a cell phone before and often see folks referring to poor service and lately...more about internet connections with the phone.
Thats what has peaked my interest more than anything...internet on the road...with a telephone taboot!
How does such things compare to residential service??

I have not had a land line in 7 years. I use skype for a home phone number. All you need is a good internet connection whether it is wired into your home or through a cell phone.

I pay a few dollars per month flat rate for skype with unlimited nationwide calls, plus Canada.

My cell phone provider is Verizon. They are expensive, but the best service out here. I am sitting in my truck typing this to you on my cell phone. Pretty cool.

Skype with an internet connection and a simple computer speaker and microphone is all you need for a good home phone now. But you have to leave the internet on and leave you computer on.

Or you can receive skype calls now on most cell phones. Leave it logged in and it uses your internet flat rate instead of your phone minutes.

I will never have a land line again. No point in it.

Dave Thacker

Post by Dave Thacker » Thu May 30, 2013 7:34 am

A follow up video once a week or month showing how various projects over the last week or month are doing. Where is that do-dad you got in the mail installed, how is it doing, your experience with it and etc...

A printed label on the things you have been given, particularly by commercial interests. This way when you show the item in the video, a reminder and a thank you is built in without you having to do anything else. How else are people to know where to get the cool items? Grease the wheels.

The web address and hours of the live chat show in the description of each of those videos. It takes much digging to find the info.
Dave Thacker
Radicalrc.com, Owner
Radicalrc.com/blog Blogsite

phoneguy1212

Post by phoneguy1212 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Dave you must be a man of age to make you so righteous on all of your comments I have read so far. There is nothing wrong with a man having a wealth of living under his belt from past experiences. Troy is steal young,but getting there.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Dave Thacker wrote:A follow up video once a week or month showing how various projects over the last week or month are doing. Where is that do-dad you got in the mail installed, how is it doing, your experience with it and etc...

A printed label on the things you have been given, particularly by commercial interests. This way when you show the item in the video, a reminder and a thank you is built in without you having to do anything else. How else are people to know where to get the cool items? Grease the wheels.

The web address and hours of the live chat show in the description of each of those videos. It takes much digging to find the info.
I have been talking to companies to get some stickers or something from each one. Would be good to have a reminder each time I show it. Better for the company and easier for me too.

I am also going to improve theoffgridproject website some more with details on projects. What is going on, what is still to do, what I have finished.

campervan

Post by campervan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a camper van and living in it.
What do u suggest as a van to live in. I live in Oregon so the winters can be cold. I would also like to add a solar panels to the roof.
Thanks

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:28 pm

campervan wrote:Hi,

I am considering purchasing a camper van and living in it.
What do u suggest as a van to live in. I live in Oregon so the winters can be cold. I would also like to add a solar panels to the roof.
Thanks
It depends on your budget. Do you mean a "van" or a camper?

Newer campers are better insulated. You can find some all season campers depending on your budget. If you dont have to be mobile then build a porch like mine but make it go all the way around the camper on all sides and on top. Seal it all off and you have a secondary shelter around the camper to protect it from the elements and help insulate it from the wind. Wind is the worst thing for winter camping. Most windows do not seal well and the wind tears through the camper.

Hope this helps some.

tazmanddevil67

Post by tazmanddevil67 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:09 pm

They do make cellular amplifers by Wilson Electronics for Cell phones, Just sayin'.