Suggestions and Ideas go here

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
techman
Site Admin

Suggestions and Ideas go here

Post by techman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Please feel free to suggest new categories or improvements to the forums here. Nothing else should be posted here. As the forum grows, we will allow members to suggest new ideas for the forum here. Anything else will be deleted.

CapeBretonBuddy

Re: Suggestions and Ideas go here

Post by CapeBretonBuddy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Is it normal for a post to take so long to be approved? I started a thread, and want to add pictures to it, but it still hasn't appeared yet? How long does it usually take for a post in a new thread to be approved? Dunno if this is the right spot for this..but i didn't find anything in the FAQ...

Cheers

Wade

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 pm

CapeBretonBuddy wrote:Is it normal for a post to take so long to be approved? I started a thread, and want to add pictures to it, but it still hasn't appeared yet? How long does it usually take for a post in a new thread to be approved? Dunno if this is the right spot for this..but i didn't find anything in the FAQ...

Cheers

Wade

Hi Wade,

I am sorry, but with so many spam posts per day it takes me a while to get to the good ones. After your first three posts, they are automatically approved from then on.

And with my horrible cell phone for internet usage, I often have no internet for hours while the phone is charging. Its battery is horrible.

Troy

CapeBretonBuddy

Post by CapeBretonBuddy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks Troy...didn't mean to be a pain...my bad.

Cheers!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 pm

No problem.

texastigger

Post by texastigger » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:38 am

Hi Troy,
I heard you talking about your compost needs. If you think you need a local phone# to get a response about available compost, maybe your landlord would let you call from their phone. I hate to think there is compost out there with no home. Also, check with your County Extension Service for advice, they may know of local sources. They may even have a "Master Gardener" program, if so they would be a great source for all things gardening, including local varieties that work well and heirlooms that get passed around from gardener to gardener. I wish I could be of more help from TX, but I'm glad to know your out their with your nose to the grind stone. You seemed a little down today, some times that's just natures way of telling you to take things easy ( or as easy as you can) for a day or two. Listen to Kitty, she seems to know when to take a day off. ;)

Take care
texastigger

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for my late reply. I have been swamped with spam posts and youtube comments.

I have a local Skype number but am not able to use it much due to the horrible phone I have. My phone is my internet.

I did finally get free compost though, but you have probably already seen the video. I called the guy and left a message telling him where I lived and why I have a Michigan number and he called me back.

JCortez

Post by JCortez » Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm

I think on your first blog page there should be a section for WATER... In any off grid situation that should be one of the top 3 resources to secure... I also think you have potential to develop the few access points that you have...

TonysShadow

Post by TonysShadow » Tue May 14, 2013 5:29 pm

This may sound a bit silly to some folks,
Ive never owned a cell phone before and often see folks referring to poor service and lately...more about internet connections with the phone.
Thats what has peaked my interest more than anything...internet on the road...with a telephone taboot!
How does such things compare to residential service??

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 am

JCortez wrote:I think on your first blog page there should be a section for WATER... In any off grid situation that should be one of the top 3 resources to secure... I also think you have potential to develop the few access points that you have...

Good idea, really but right now all my off grid stuff is under off grid living. Unless you mean for the forum?