The summer season is coming to a close, winterize your RV

Discussions about Camper, Trailer and RV repair.
techman
Site Admin

The summer season is coming to a close, winterize your RV

Post by techman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:47 am

Summer is almost over. Most people are putting their camper or RV away for the winter. Make sure you winterize your RV before leaving it out to the elements. Part of winterization includes patching up leaks and holes that may have occurred during summer travels.

Have a look at The Do It Yourself World articles about camper and RV repair here:
http://www.thediyworld.com/How-To-Resto ... nd-RVs.php

bikegeek

Re: The summer season is coming to a close, winterize your R

Post by bikegeek » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 am

hello i have been watching your youtube videos and may i say good for you KEEP AT IT. and you may try using bails of straw stacked up around your rv. build a straw house roof and all. i have done this myself it will help with the cold. and at the end of the winter you can re-stack them as a raised bed garden or compost them they are cheap. good luck to you....

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:12 pm

bikegeek wrote:hello i have been watching your youtube videos and may i say good for you KEEP AT IT. and you may try using bails of straw stacked up around your rv. build a straw house roof and all. i have done this myself it will help with the cold. and at the end of the winter you can re-stack them as a raised bed garden or compost them they are cheap. good luck to you....
Sorry it took me a while to get to this. I was gone for Easter and returned to find literally thousands of spam posts to delete and sort through. I finally got caught up today.

The problems with straw are one - they are $8 a piece over here. Insane price.

Two, they attract mice.

Otherwise the idea would be great. I wish I could use something so simple.

Someone suggested mixing mud and straw to make a sort of cement. That would be perfect except that its too expensive.

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Thanks for the idea though.

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Witerizimg is so important. Wrangler star made a mice video/of how to /stop your doors from freezing shut.

My favourite is to never ever weave without your hi viz vest tucked away somewhere.

Peace kyle.

http://kylesdiycamper.blogspot.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;