Finishing Adjustable Solar Panel Frames & Mounting Solar Pan

techman
Site Admin

Finishing Adjustable Solar Panel Frames & Mounting Solar Pan

Post by techman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:46 am

Please share your discussions and ideas related to this video here.

Thank you.

bill23799

Re: Finishing Adjustable Solar Panel Frames & Mounting Solar

Post by bill23799 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:50 am

The new adjustable Solar Array looks great. You all seem to work well as a team and it is always nice to see Melanie in the videos.

I am certainly not an engineer Troy but I hope you have those panels secured really well up there. We all know how much damage those freak wind storms can do. I saw at least one more solar panel still on the ground Troy. I was wondering how man total panels and watts do you currently have going into your new battery bank. I remember you had some other solar panels by the RV in the past.

I know you have so many projects going on and the garden planting has to be a big priority but do you have any idea when the big wind turbine will be back in action? You get so much wind there in the meadow I would like to see the wind turbine toping off your batteries on those cloudy days.

I am looking forward to next video when you show us how you get the new adjustable Solar Array all finished and wired into the
Battery bank. Do you think being higher up will give you better efficiency? I hope you can get those trees blocking morning sun down soon.

Bill

bill23799

Post by bill23799 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Hey Troy.

I do not see anyone else posting comments here in your discussion group.

It would help if it was more streamlined I think. It seems i have to go through lot of hoops to get to where I want to be here.
I think if you want people to use this instead of the YT comment section it will have to be super easy or many will not put in the effort.

I don't know if you have any control over how this discussion thread is setup.

Either way...good luck with it.

bill23799

Post by bill23799 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Hey again Troy.

Never mind what I said about not seeing any other comments here. It just took me a while to work out how to bring
the comments up. Is there a way to set login to remember me so i don't have to log in each time? Only me here so
no worry someone else logging in as me. Thought i saw mention of changing login seeing in FAQ but didn't see where
to change things in settings.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:27 am

bill23799 wrote:The new adjustable Solar Array looks great. You all seem to work well as a team and it is always nice to see Melanie in the videos.

I am certainly not an engineer Troy but I hope you have those panels secured really well up there. We all know how much damage those freak wind storms can do. I saw at least one more solar panel still on the ground Troy. I was wondering how man total panels and watts do you currently have going into your new battery bank. I remember you had some other solar panels by the RV in the past.

I know you have so many projects going on and the garden planting has to be a big priority but do you have any idea when the big wind turbine will be back in action? You get so much wind there in the meadow I would like to see the wind turbine toping off your batteries on those cloudy days.

I am looking forward to next video when you show us how you get the new adjustable Solar Array all finished and wired into the
Battery bank. Do you think being higher up will give you better efficiency? I hope you can get those trees blocking morning sun down soon.

Bill
Thank you.

The solar panel frames are very solidly secured to the wall studs of the shed. But based on comments on YT I will strengthen the supports where I cut them to be safe. I now have about 1,200 watts going into the solar battery bank but I only get sunlight from 1 pm to 4:30 pm which is horrible until I get those trees down.

I wont mention the wind turbine yet..... ;)

I do believe that being higher up is better, yes. They will receive sunlight earlier and later due to being up off the ground and the sun can reach them a bit longer. And they are now safe from accidents on the ground.

I still have three solar panels on the ground which I want to get up in the air soon.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 am

bill23799 wrote:Hey again Troy.

Never mind what I said about not seeing any other comments here. It just took me a while to work out how to bring
the comments up. Is there a way to set login to remember me so i don't have to log in each time? Only me here so
no worry someone else logging in as me. Thought i saw mention of changing login seeing in FAQ but didn't see where
to change things in settings.
You can safe your passwords on your computer browser. How that works depends on your particular browser. I am hoping to see more people here with time. I have learned that they are very slow in coming around but they do eventually come.