Getting Laundry Done

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
jimmydean

Getting Laundry Done

Post by jimmydean » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:01 am

In the case of being off grid the best thing to have and use to get laundry done is a Maytag type Wringer Washing Machine it's THE BEST THING.. You can find many different models out there some with manual modes to the gas power motors to agitate to clean the laundry and the wringer device you just feed each garment of clothing through it comes out virtually dry thus taking hardly anytime to dry the clothes either by hanging them outside or indoors to dry.. I've always had great luck finding this type of washing machine either on craigslist or at yard sales or even a second hand stores. These machines have been around over a 100 years and prove very effective for off grid homes....

techman
Site Admin

Re: Getting Laundry Done

Post by techman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:52 am

That is cool. I am hoping to find a good front loader machine to convert to solar power. I have the solar panels, motor and controls. Just looking for a machine that is not broken.

For now we use a generator to run a Whirlpool top loading washing machine we picked up for $50. Way cheaper than the laundromat. It paid for itself in two months of laundry. Winter is a problem though