Welcome to the new chat room

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
george house

Re: Welcome to the new chat room

Post by george house » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 pm

troy, did you get my emails, and or email me you postal address, then it is private, had to laught today at the comments, don't you read them, lol. they were upset at the experiments, what do they think this is, stuff like that is what i expect. have a good one.

george house

Post by george house » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7vtSa9TvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; troy or anyone, have you watched this, i think it is something to think about or study why it works and tell me or us, how it may be a good thing, have a good one

Tedzplace

Post by Tedzplace » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:59 am

TinyhouserErik wrote:I would think blocking all comments on YT would be desirable, and have instruction on each video on how to get to this site and participate.
I've heard one does not get any ad revenue that way. I think if I went back to making vids, and posted on YT, I would just make it known with each vid. that I would not be replying and to go to my site, like this.
I agree 100%! The comments at YT are not very productive and it's also too easy to post, so the signal to noise ratio goes way down and in a hurry. If there is at least a sign up requirement and Troy can maintain moderation then a good chunk of the trollage factor will be eliminated automagically.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:42 am

george house wrote:troy, did you get my emails, and or email me you postal address, then it is private, had to laught today at the comments, don't you read them, lol. they were upset at the experiments, what do they think this is, stuff like that is what i expect. have a good one.
Sorry about that. Please email me info@thediyworld.com

Thanks

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:43 am

george house wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7vtSa9TvI troy or anyone, have you watched this, i think it is something to think about or study why it works and tell me or us, how it may be a good thing, have a good one
That is some expensive stuff for some high end lithium batteries. Well, out of my league anyway

george house

Post by george house » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:32 pm

troy, doc :evil: watches you and then copies you, did you see his latest, it pisses me off. :lol: he shows at 11 am, he gets his solar update, he :evil: is just mocking you :D and must be short of topics if he :twisted: has to copy you in his twisted mind less way. doc is obsessed with you. anyway that balancing bms was on lipos or lithium kind, i saw one fellow i thought doing it on lead acid. any way get better, and entertainment, do get a station on the internet to keep entertained, there are tv kind i think, lol. i watch many subjects on you tubes, lol, have a good one :D

KC8ERI

Post by KC8ERI » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm

george house wrote:troy, doc :evil: watches you and then copies you, did you see his latest, it pisses me off. :lol: he shows at 11 am, he gets his solar update, he :evil: is just mocking you :D and must be short of topics if he :twisted: has to copy you in his twisted mind less way. doc is obsessed with you.....
I was watching Doc's videos for a while. I didn't know the story about their history at the time. Then I realized the same thing you're mentioning. And I don't watch anymore. Because honestly, if I wanna hear about whats going on on Troy's channel, I'll just watch Troy's channel. And I do.

I don't see the issue about people complaining. Sure, Troy doesn't do everything right. Neither do I. Hell, right now my solar setup doesn't even have a fuse to break the circuit from the battery. For me it's not about being a critic. It's about watching and thinking "Hey, that's a neat idea"

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Hey Troy, thanks for having me here. :)
--Bryan

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Bryan wrote:Hey Troy, thanks for having me here. :)
Thanks for joining.

Theresa Ford

Post by Theresa Ford » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 am

Have you named your nouveau cat yet? How are she and Baby getting along? I hope all is well at the homestead.