Solar Heated Battery Box

Post anything about batteries here. Lead acid, rechargeable, whatever.
Stugotz

Solar Heated Battery Box

Post by Stugotz » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Troy, I sent you the little desulfator, you can just leave it on the batteries without concern of it draining them overnight. You could build a solar heater and attach it so it heats your battery box. Fill the remaining space in the battery box with water jugs 3/4 full and loose cap to create a thermal battery to keep them warm at night.See link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHk0PX8pbWY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdh4AKAfDSY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You don't really need a fan in such a small space it will thermal pump hot air in the box by itself. Cheap and a great project
Feedthelibertytree Channel

techman
Site Admin

Re: Solar Heated Battery Box

Post by techman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Thank you.

I hope you have seen that the desulfator is happily in use :)

I plan to build a heated room on the back of the house but my wood is under snow and ice. Its a mess right now. Then yes winter solar heating is very good.

Stugotz

Post by Stugotz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:14 pm

I did, good to see your putting it to work. A little cold where you are. I occasionally miss the snow in the winter, than remember getting snowed in for days. Not always bad... I grew up across from West Point Academy in Peekskill so I remember the winters. I own a second home in Colorado, I love it there but don't get to visit as much as I would like. There is a lot of affordable land where you can do what your doing, I hope you eventually find something you can call your own. PM or call me if you want more info on land on Colorado.
Feedthelibertytree Channel

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:43 pm

I have been in that area quite a bit in the past. Lived in Stormville for a year. Left because I realized why they called it that. lol

I have the option to buy this land here so I have no plans to leave any time soon. But everything has to remain temporary and on wheels anyway due to all my enemies. They sort of messed things up a bit. But I am dealing with it and moving forward with all my projects.

john.tweedle

Post by john.tweedle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:22 am

Interesting way to heat battery box with minimal power (and no mice)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9PG2pnegc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 pm

This guy is using 80 watts of power though.

That is nearly 2,000 watts of power in a 24 hour period. That is all I get coming in during winter in a 24 hour period. He must have a very fine solar panel array.