The Off Grid Project Timeline And The Trolls

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
kysurvivalist

Re: The Off Grid Project Timeline And The Trolls

Post by kysurvivalist » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:31 pm

Troy I have been watching your videos since day one and i have to say, from what i have seen on them you have not done anything wrong. I know that you have strong ties to your church and i can understand that but i think that they would understand as well if you did decide to move to another location, i haven't looked into off grid living here where i live but i can tell you that you would be most welcome in the great state of Kentucky my friend. Keep the videos coming but like you mentioned in the most recent one i would leave some if not all your personal information out of them just so ppl dont have anyway of getting to you in the future, remember above all OPSEC. I was going to send this to you in a PM but could not find out how to send one so hopefully i did not break any rules by replying in this thread.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 am

MotherLodeBeth wrote:Troy you noted '(((After reading how I am a "terrorist", "pedophile", "bomber", "murderer", and more, what company would stay associated with me???)))

A company who does its research on whom they want to have as a reviewer etc of their product. Heck people say horrid things about Google (we are in N CA) yet I still do business with them. In my proefession I am asked to review items and some I say yes to and many I say no. Simply because I also research the company and ask myself if I want to be associated with them in any way at all.

Have your parents been able to give you any advise? As for staying in the area because of your church. As a Christian I pray and seek the Lords will not mine. Fact is there are wonderful Pentecostal church's in friendly areas, sans all the ticks or fewer ticks (smiling) that you should consider. Like KY which has great soil, and seems to be more open to small homesteaders.

In 2007 after my husband died I prayed and was led to where I am now, and to be honest I wasn't happy. But now I can say I am very happy he placed me where I am at.

As for the fiesty rooster. You need to work on him for a few weeks and make sure he knows you are the pack leader.
I dont know why they dropped me but I do understand. I would do the same if I was the company being contacted.

I am very dedicated to my church and will stay here. I believe that this is where God wants me to stay.

I have told my rooster who is the boss and he does not attack me anymore.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 am

kysurvivalist wrote:Troy I have been watching your videos since day one and i have to say, from what i have seen on them you have not done anything wrong. I know that you have strong ties to your church and i can understand that but i think that they would understand as well if you did decide to move to another location, i haven't looked into off grid living here where i live but i can tell you that you would be most welcome in the great state of Kentucky my friend. Keep the videos coming but like you mentioned in the most recent one i would leave some if not all your personal information out of them just so ppl dont have anyway of getting to you in the future, remember above all OPSEC. I was going to send this to you in a PM but could not find out how to send one so hopefully i did not break any rules by replying in this thread.

Thank you fro believing in me and watching my videos. I am staying where I am though. I have fought hard to get where I am and do not want to leave now. A battle needs to be fought and won and not run away from. Otherwise they win.

It is perfectly good to reply here on this thread. Thank you

FrugalPrepper

Post by FrugalPrepper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Wow! That's some Drama. I wish I could get some trolls! I am getting close to 1500 and still no real trolls, maybe I need to tick those guys off! Trolls are how you know you've finally made it and you are doing what others wish they had the courage to do. I think the best thing to do is ignore the keyboard warriors and let them sit on there pudgy little behinds in the mommy's basement typing away. You are out there working hard every day trying to make a life for yourself. When I watch your early videos it becomes apparent how much you have accomplished. I can't say there aren't things I think I would do differently, but I am still living in a house with electricity, running water and a mortgage, so I haven't been there. I normally just send trolls my address and tell them to come say it to my face and I will have my wife kick there hind end on down the road.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:01 pm

You do not want any of these guys on your case. Believe me. Here is a warning:

If you ever get a PM asking you to join their group. Do NOT answer at all. Its the paltalk gang. If you answer, then you are in the battle.

Normal trolls are just annoying. This is a group who have teamed up to take over all channels on YT that do off grid related videos. They try to get you to join them or get you shut down. Not fun.

MotherLodeBeth

Post by MotherLodeBeth » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Have a couple friends who have really nice YouTube channels and they tell me they get an occasional obnoxious person but they delete them and move on. Someone said a YT owners personality can either discourage or encourage trolls or other obnoxious types. I wouldn't know myself.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Again the normal trolls are harmless mostly. I have a concentrated group of people I am dealing with here. A group who get together online and discuss plans. I have copies of a lot of their plans against me so I am not imagining things here.

Common trolls sit in their homes trying to stir up strife for their own pleasure. They work alone. Probably live alone or with their mom.

This group is an organized gang who wants to have all off grid channel owners on their team so they can profit from it. They should not really be called trolls but I dont like using their group name. I am not going to market for them.

MotherLodeBeth

Post by MotherLodeBeth » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:43 pm

School break time and vacation time used to be when kids and young adults with nothing better to do would flood the AOL chat rooms with nonsense. Or even FB and Twitter will see a certain type who will comment on posts/tweets and never have anything positive to say. And I mean never.

My two friends are also very very careful about whom they allow to come and visit. Or even meet up in a town twenty miles away. On occasion I get a snarky/nasty comment mailed via Google to me by someone who follows Troy, and has nothing nice to say about him or those who make positive comments about his videos. Then I go to Troys site and their comment doesn't even show up as posted.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Please forward those nasty comments to me for my legal case against them.Thank you

staticlava

Post by staticlava » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Hey Troy, when you have the time, will you give us a list of Youtube channels that has trolled you? I'm interested in watching others but I don't want to support the ones that are harmful to others