Why should you prep.

preppernurse1

Why should you prep.

Post by preppernurse1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Why I think people should prep. The number one reason is for your kids. And getting ready for a natural disaster. Please tell me your reasons for prepping. I don't want to relay on the government to take care of me. I feel a lot of comfort knowing that I can take care of myself and family. And I am ready for what ever happens and I don't need to panic I just react. Its a sense of freedom and a really good feeling knowing my kids will be safe and feed no matter what happens.

crawdadb52

Re: Why should you prep.

Post by crawdadb52 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Earthquakes are coming!

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:39 am

Every parent owes it to their kids to be ready.
Anything can occur amlae know thin because I have seen it all here in the Great Pacific N.W.
I have see fires, floods, and even a Volcano erupt .

Point being is I now have a family,

U lot of people think nothing will happen.
The only thing is we humans live on thing called earth.and we have no control over what it does. Not just that but human Inhabitants Seem to be oblivious to certain truths. about this great big ball of dirt.

Money cannot always get what YOU need. When it is to late. I do not know why people that prepare are called Nuts. If you ask me your insane if you do not prepare. You also become a burden on society by not preparing.

We have uddtionul challenges "Prepping" for those with special needs Now there is a prepping challenge. formulas and the like the state Gives us ameans andwwy to prepare.

We just got out of a meeting with aninterview with a D.D.A person.
You know What his one question was?

Are you ready?
I Showed him a generator, and the solar unit and he said that not even he thought of that .And We were the only family he knew of that has done this. in this area.

Aommle me feel good to know We were on top of things .
And we have had family Members call us nuts and were wasting our money.

Time Will tell.

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:47 am

Erg..Droid has Auto word suggest it gets confused.

preppernurse1

Post by preppernurse1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Great points and you are so right. I am glad you are getting ready and taking care of your family. We are only crazy until something happens.

ThePrepper Nana

Post by ThePrepper Nana » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:49 pm

I just simply have a gut feeling something is going to happen, not sure what but know we had better be ready for it.
We are what most of you would call poor, so I just pray we have enough time to get things stocked up.
I've been watching YT and trying to learn all kinds of survival stuff from weapons, building huts, to canning and Dehydrating.
Just need to find the money to get the stuff.lol

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:23 am

Happy to be here. I would love to link up with folks and share info. Thanks.

schultzdk1972

Post by schultzdk1972 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:15 pm

The first question for anyone new or old might be....where to start or review my situation. What should the priority be? For me that question was another question. What is most likely to affect me? Living in Kansas City Kansas my order goes something like this: Tornado, Blizzard/ice storm, Flood, Fire, economic/civil unrest. All of these can cause loss of power and the inability to get essentials (food, water, heat, AC, etc...). With this in mind I started a bit at a time working the first (and in my situation) most likely scenario. My family and friends were less inclined to call me strange since I started with something they were familiar with and aware of. I was able to point out "GOV/FEMA" or local CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) recommendations so they felt like I was following some sort of guidelines. This helped to get them looking into it as well. Most of us, preppers or not, don't think GOV plans work out very well but it is familiar to them and helped get them thinking and greased the wheels a bit. Just my two cents so far.

Thank you
Daniel

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:06 pm

I think that prepping means being a responsible and concerned citizen that your friends, family, neighbors, and community will come to rely upon in both times of plenty and in times of unrest, uncertainty, and doubt. Personally, I think it should have nothing to do with sitting in a bunker waiting for collapse, and all to do with ensuring and maintaining the rule of law and our daily way of life. JMHO.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm

SurplusSupply wrote:I think that prepping means being a responsible and concerned citizen that your friends, family, neighbors, and community will come to rely upon in both times of plenty and in times of unrest, uncertainty, and doubt. Personally, I think it should have nothing to do with sitting in a bunker waiting for collapse, and all to do with ensuring and maintaining the rule of law and our daily way of life. JMHO.

Very well said. I cannot agree with you more.