REGULATED HEAT IN A EMERGENCY

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
tazmanddevil67

REGULATED HEAT IN A EMERGENCY

Post by tazmanddevil67 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 pm

As we are seeing Troy's trials and tribulations, I will recommend a back up heat system. 10,000 btu blu flame dual fuel propane heater. My reasoning is when you leave and end up arriving later than you expected the Blu Flame heater is thermostat controlled. So when the heat goes out the Blu flame kicks on and keeps the temperature acceptable until you return to relight the wood burner.
Also a 100lb. cylinder of propane will last a minimum 2 weeks It depends how much you use it. Just Sayin' for anyone interested.

techman
Site Admin

Re: REGULATED HEAT IN A EMERGENCY

Post by techman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:00 pm

My Dad suggested the same thing to me after his visit this fall. Its out of my budget for now though. Maybe next year.

Right now I am working on a waste oil burner which would provide me with free heat all winter and with a dial control as a sort of thermostat.

tazmanddevil67

Post by tazmanddevil67 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:45 am

If you can find one is the key, I was given a oil burner out of a 1950's camping trailer that worked. It had a 5 gallon internal tank and a connection for a bulk external tank. It also a had a blower, Or you could open the front of it when there was no power to radiate the heat. Peace Out.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:13 pm

That sounds awesome

Jc01

Post by Jc01 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm

I've had a blue flame in the past and they work pretty good but it kinda the same as just running a burner on your stove. I switched to a radiant heater and my propane usage went down it seemed to be a lot more efficent than the blue flame was