Electronics Discussions and Questions

techman
Site Admin

Electronics Discussions and Questions

Post by techman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

How to identify electronics components. How to use a multimeter. Electronics projects and experiments discussions, questions or ideas can be shared here.

Ghost

Re: Electronics Discussions and Questions

Post by Ghost » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:05 am

Hello Troy
First time posting to you, I just started following your videos and wanted to say first off your doing a great job as far as I am concerned. I am in the process of making a Bedini motor I have found every part I believe I will need except the coil wire. I can of course order on line but I am like you I would much rather recycle to get what I need. the trouble is the wire I get from lets say a tv is not long enough. Can I solder 2 or 3 wires together coating the space I solder with something to make one longer wire? Also I would like to have you take a look at my wire diagram and maybe give me your opinion on it if that would be possible. Sorry if there is another area this question would be better off in I looked but did not see another spot. (im still learning this forum) Again thanks for putting your life out there for us all to enjoy and learn from. I have always been into the off grid idea but never knew where to begin really. you have showed me it is not about having it all at once its build what you need as you need it and it does not take a small fortune to do it.
Thank You
Ghost

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the delay in replying. I am in Australia and the internet here has been horrible. Takes about 7 to 9 hours to upload a video so I have done nothing else since I arrived. Now I have a bit better internet where I am staying.

I would not splice wires in a coil. It is not a good idea. Dont remember exactly why but it is not supposed to be done. Just make smaller coils if you have to or find more wire. How about a microwave transformer for the wire. I have a bunch of them. You can get them free all the time.

What are you doing different with your wiring diagram?

Thanks for the compliment. Living off the grid feels good. It means security, affordable living and peace of mind. Plus a whole lot more.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:22 am

Thanks for getting back to me. Look forwards to your videos as you post them. I really havnt done anything different to my wire diagram I just do not know if it is right.I have been working on this battery for weeks now and some days it will read12 volts other days as low as 6 volts while running the bedini motor. also other problems I been having is toasting the transistor i have tried the tip3305 and the 2n3305 as recomended on line. only toasting the transistors when I mess up and unhook the charge battery before unhooking the primary battery. yes I do have the neon bulb and there lies another problem it never lights up like on videos except for a split second before the transistor fries. and the potentiometor never seems to be able to adjust or the bedini motor stops. Sorry about my spelling and sorry I have so many questions but I have researched for days trying to see what I did wrong if anything and I just can not figure it out. the motor does charge batteries for my cordless drills or a small lawn mower battery and even shocked my wife once when i had her holding the wires (she still wont lend me a hand) so It is doing something just not sure why mine runs but does not seem to speed up and light doesnt protect the transistor like everyone I have seen

thanks for your time
Ghost

mr bugsier5

Post by mr bugsier5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:35 am

i think your neon bulb has the wrong voltage, or is defect , the emp pulse distroys the tranistor becouse the bulb wil not work as a balast , the return voltage (emp puls ) has nowhere else to go than the transistor, thus blowing it up!
de tranistor i often use is a 2n3055, others are also usable with the same specs, i think you made a good coil giving lots of pulse voltage, never forget to switch it of before unhooking the load (battery) the puls you create with your coil otherwise blows up the transistor.
dont be afraid to ask!, a stupid question does not exist!
forgive me my bad English!, as long as you know what i mean it,s fine for me!
(you thry dutch, wont be easy to! HA HA!)

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:33 am

Thanks Mr bugsier for the info. I have tried the 2n3055 and the tip3055 both seem to work very well. the neon bulb however is one I picked up from radio shack it is a 110 volt that I have seen a couple people use in there videos but not what everyone uses. yesterday I pulled the battery I been trying to fix for awhile now and hooked up a lawn mower battery that would charge to 12.5 but would drop very quickly when I hooked up a pc fan. I ran it all day yesterday and the neon light did come on and as I adjusted the potentiometer it slowly got dimmer as I seen in alot of the videos. I am beginning to think that the car battery is just to far gone to save and that maybe you are right maybe the neon bulb I bought is not the one I need for this. I have looked on ebay and found one person who sold them but I heard i needed a 12 volt neon and also heard I needed a 110 neon bulb. So I guess my question is exactly what neon bulb do I need

mr bugsier5

Post by mr bugsier5 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:20 pm

iff you have a neon bulb with a fitting there is a resistor into it, think thats your problem, it has to be a bare neon bulb, no resistors in serie's!, it has to dissapate the high voltage inpuls, the load of the bulb with the internal risistor is to weak, think that part off the problem is your bulb.

indeed if the battery is that far gone , the power has also nowhere to go, you need to have some conductivity in the load , iff there is nothing the battery is not only sulfated but maby a cell whitout connection , or a short in it. ;) you cant rescue every battery! :cry:
dont be afraid to ask!, a stupid question does not exist!
forgive me my bad English!, as long as you know what i mean it,s fine for me!
(you thry dutch, wont be easy to! HA HA!)