Hydrogen Booster project

Fuel savings and tuning experiments
techman
Site Admin

Re: Hydrogen Booster project

Post by techman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi,

I am terribly sorry for the long delay in my answering. I was gone for Easter and have been deleting thousands of spam comments. I just caught up.

The diagram is here in the forum, but I will upload it again now:

Jarry Evans

Post by Jarry Evans » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Ok I have found in my own hho project that a normal 4 to 6 cyl car can take to 3 to 5 lpm of HHO gas without adjusting the timing, Diesel pickups can take more, I ran about 6lpm through a dodge cummings and got a 20% increase in millage unloaded and 12 % with a 20 foot lake boat on the back, But diesels love hho i think if you did it right you could put alot more into it, as far as a big rig that pulls weight all the time i would think you would want at least 8 lpm to see a noticeable difference.

Hope this helps..

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:54 am

Sounds great. My old Honda was computerized so it kept "learning" every time I boosted the gas mileage. I would see a 30% gain for one tank of gas and then the computer would counter my changes. So frustrating that the manufacturers are working with the oil industry to counter our gains and tweaking.

I want to get HHO in my old GMC truck one day soon, but its on the side burner. Need to get my RV ready for winter first.

Jarry Evans

Post by Jarry Evans » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:36 pm

I used to have that problem in my 92 honda accord, I thought as well that my computer was adjusting or i needed to get a special O2 sensor so i spent alot of time researching it tried several things but with no success, I about gave up then i found out that my tired old alternator was going bad so if i used my headlights or windshield wipers my voltage would drop off to my fuel cell, I put a new alternator in but it only solved about half of the problem, then I put a Big honkin' car audio capacitor on it and my problem was solved.

On my old 1/2 ton Chevy 350 i didn't have to run a capacitor it seemed to have a more regulated output and i think its because it had no computer or fuel injectors etc... only thing i did was adjust the fuel feed back just a hair at the carb and at 6 lpm i had to advance the timing just slightly it ran 30 mpg empty and 24 loaded

Hope this helps!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Wow, that is good gas mileage for a truck. You said "carb" though and that makes a lot of difference in using HHO. With no computer that you have to trick out each thing you do to tune for better gas mileage actually makes a difference.

My old Honda kept adjusting its mixture to counter my moves. The best thing in that case is a chip programmer but they can cost quite a bit.

Jarry Evans

Post by Jarry Evans » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Are you using a wet cell or a dry cell? I'm wandering what kind of output your getting with your booster, I'd love to see it, I might be able to help, I really don't think you need to "trick" the computer but i'm no genius either, I'm just going off my own experience, i've installed 3 of my own design, one on my old truck one on my old honda, one on a dodge cumings, and i helped install a small one on a 04 toy matrix and i have yet to have to modify any of the original electronics on any of them, however i did have to use a cooler on the truck my math isn't quite perfect on my larger cell design yet but it worked well with the cooler... sorry i could go on forever about this..:> anyway i'm looking forward to working with you on this one i know you have alot going on now but i can't wait to see you get back into it..:>

Peace!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 pm

My Honda computer was always countering anything I did to tune its performance or gas mileage. You are lucky if you had not trouble.

I was using a wet cell. Just PVC pipe with some stainless steel wall cover plates inside it. Worked well. Not sure of the actual measured output anymore. I had to build a new one. Mine melted in the intense summer heat last time I used it.

I am designing one that uses large water pipes from the hardware store. It will be up in front of the radiator to keep it cool. Its essentially a very large pipe on the outside with another smaller pipe slipped into the center of the larger pipe. Spaced apart with nylon screws to hold things in place.

Using a large outer metal pipe in front of the radiator it should be air cooled.

Wont be back to work on this until spring though. Cant figure out a way to keep it from freezing in the winter.

Jarry Evans

Post by Jarry Evans » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm

techman wrote:My Honda computer was always countering anything I did to tune its performance or gas mileage. You are lucky if you had not trouble.

I was using a wet cell. Just PVC pipe with some stainless steel wall cover plates inside it. Worked well. Not sure of the actual measured output anymore. I had to build a new one. Mine melted in the intense summer heat last time I used it.

I am designing one that uses large water pipes from the hardware store. It will be up in front of the radiator to keep it cool. Its essentially a very large pipe on the outside with another smaller pipe slipped into the center of the larger pipe. Spaced apart with nylon screws to hold things in place.

Using a large outer metal pipe in front of the radiator it should be air cooled.

Wont be back to work on this until spring though. Cant figure out a way to keep it from freezing in the winter.
Good that'll give me time to get you away from wet cells...:> I have a design I would like to show you if your interested, I could put together a video and send it to you, it would take me a couple months, we just moved everything is still a mess here, but I would love to get your input on a couple of material issues i'm having, I think you'll like it, its fairly easy to put together, compact and puts out a large amount of hho for its size, and you can stack them for more output.

Let me know,

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes please do send me the info. I have been frustrated with the winter months messing up most of the DIY fuel sources.

Let me know when you will be getting it ready. I have patience anyway because its winter now and my H2O projects are on the side burner.

Bill6879

Post by Bill6879 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello everyone i have a few questions about the actual booster itself. Are their any benefits to alternating positive negative charge to the plates. So positive first plate, second plate negative do in and so forth. Thanks for any thoughts anyone can provide me