Rot

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
Beetle Bailey

Rot

Post by Beetle Bailey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 pm

as I was looking at your videos I saw what looked like black mold on some of the 2x4s.If Im right you got to deal with that right away..even if you have to live in the bug out camper..that stuff will make you really sick or worse..On a positive note..Really enjoy the Videos you put together..also when and if you where were you in the US Army,Can't remember if or what you said.I lived in germany for 4 years...combar engineer...Wurtzburg

techman
Site Admin

Re: Rot

Post by techman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Beetle Bailey wrote:as I was looking at your videos I saw what looked like black mold on some of the 2x4s.If Im right you got to deal with that right away..even if you have to live in the bug out camper..that stuff will make you really sick or worse..On a positive note..Really enjoy the Videos you put together..also when and if you where were you in the US Army,Can't remember if or what you said.I lived in germany for 4 years...combar engineer...Wurtzburg
Was there from 96 to 98 in the Army and then stayed until 2006 when I came back to the US. I had my own computer store there serving our soldiers. Had a good time. When Clinton downsized the Army, they cut my contracts and sent me packing.

The black stuff are stains from the water. The wood turned darker color where the dirty water ran through. The water was dirty from the rotten wood that discolored it and then it ran onto wood that was not yet rotten.

I cleaned the whole camper with vinegar when I got it to remove any harmful stuff. I am actually healthier in here than in a house, so it seems fine. I hope.

Beetle Bailey

Post by Beetle Bailey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 pm

where was your computer store? I guess you speak German fluently.when you were selling computers were you partof the PX system? Yeah I'm not a fan of Clinton at all.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I had a store in Hanau and one in Giessen. Also had one for the Germans in GrossAuheim, outside Hanau. The first two stores were with the AAFES exchange system. I had a contract to pay a percentage of all sales to them. Pretty good deal too.

I was selling computers from 98 to 2006.