garden solar light

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
bobtannica

garden solar light

Post by bobtannica » Tue May 29, 2012 9:35 am

Hello. My name is Bob. My question is a little less serious than some of the topics that are being discussed here but I am still very interested in it. I have a solar light on my lamp post out in my garden but it lacks a little umph! I also have a spare solar light that I have disassembled and wish to add the guts to the one on the post. It has the ability to turn on at dusk and off at dawn. Unfortunately, upon inspection there is a black wire that is disconnected and the on/off function now seems to be disabled. I have no idea where the black wire is supposed to connect. I have tried touching it to various places and the light goes off occasionally (Here in the lighted room) but am unsure as what the actual correct spot is. Any help would be appreciated. I have included a picture with the back of the circuit board showing. Unfortunately, the resolution is poor as the size allowed is very small. If anyone can make out where the black wire belongs and point it out I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Attachments
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (229.55 KiB) Viewed 19819 times

techman
Site Admin

Re: garden solar light

Post by techman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering, had a long vacation.

Your solar cell wire is broken off. You will not be charging the battery right now. That is also why it is no longer light sensitive. It thinks that it is night out all the time, so the light will remain turned on. Send me a better photo of the circuit board at info@thediyworld.com

I need to see where the wire broke off the circuit board.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Actually, I think I found the place where the wire should go. I am uploading the image with my own drawing on it below. I think the wire goes where I wrote Minus.
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (232.49 KiB) Viewed 19812 times

bobtannica

Post by bobtannica » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know. :D

bobtannica

Post by bobtannica » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:18 am

Thanks that did the trick. I took the first light apart to add it to a post light that I had installed (Too dim) and will now go ahead with that. Your help was much appreciated.