Board suggestions

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
OutOfPlaceNinja

Board suggestions

Post by OutOfPlaceNinja » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm making this post as a general set of suggestions (do with them as you please lol).

First off, I suggest merging the Chat Room and General board since both are basically general boards. Maybe put both into a "General" category. Could maybe add a "Suggestions and Bugs" board for members to make suggestions and report bugs or issues with the website and forum.

Alternate Energy Discussions, Battery and Battery Experiments, Electronics Projects Discussions, LEDs and LED Lighting Projects, and Solar Power Discussions boards could all be placed into one category maybe named "Electrical". Might could add a "General Electrical" board to this category.

Could maybe make a Construction and Repairs category and put the Camper and RV Repair and Car and Auto Projects and Tiny House Talk boards in there and add new boards maybe titled "General Construction Discussions" and "Automotive Repair and Maintenance".

Might could move the Wild Edibles & Natural Foods Discussions and Preppers Network boards to the Survival and Stocking Up category.

This is my only Board and forum suggestions at this time. Feel free to do as you wish since it is you forum, just making suggestions.

george house

Re: Board suggestions

Post by george house » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:45 pm

http://getsomeproducts.com/treating-older-batteries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; saw this stuff by chance, troy or others have you seen this stuff, i shall google for more but thought you's like to know

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:12 pm

To ninja,

Thank you for the suggestions. Only problem right now is that I have been running this so long. It would be a lot of work for me to move it all around. I prefer to keep the topics separate. The general and chat though make sense. I will see how much work it is to fix.

I will probably be opening up more forum sections with time anyway as things grow.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 pm

george house wrote:http://getsomeproducts.com/treating-older-batteries/ saw this stuff by chance, troy or others have you seen this stuff, i shall google for more but thought you's like to know

I do not trust additives in a battery though. Especially with chemical free alternatives exist like an electronic desulfator. Sure they take longer but they do not change the chemistry at all. I fear that changing the chemistry will eventually lead to slow damage. Just my opinion.