Board design

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
Shootist

Board design

Post by Shootist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Troy,

Making the "www.TheDIYWorld.com", seen at the top of every forum page, clickable back to the DIYworld homepage would be nice.
"Libertarians are such elitists. They think you know how to run your own life better than they do."

techman
Site Admin

Re: Board design

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Yes that is a very good point. Thank you.

Boy is this forum taking off. I was sick for a few days. Cant afford to miss any time from now on. Wow, averaging 23 people online at any given time now.

Shootist

Post by Shootist » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:10 pm

techman wrote:Yes that is a very good point. Thank you.

Boy is this forum taking off. I was sick for a few days. Cant afford to miss any time from now on. Wow, averaging 23 people online at any given time now.
Good for you! Hope you feel better. Now make some of your regulars assistant moderators to take some of the heat off of you.
"Libertarians are such elitists. They think you know how to run your own life better than they do."

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Thank you. Yes I will certainly need some moderators soon. This took off like a rocket. I had no idea it would be this successful this fast.

And thank you, I am feeling a bit better today but I have to be very careful not to relapse and get worse again. That is exactly what I did a couple days ago.

wazzyl

Post by wazzyl » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:10 am

hey troy i have seen your main website, maybe it should be cool if we could create a phpbb theme from your website to make it fit :)
i can help you for free, as a subscriber from youtube i want to help you with it! Love your project.

How is the siding doing of your house?

Maybe you can make me moderator to help your forum to keep posts the right way and clean the big mess!
Have you ever thought about it to make a archive on forums so mods can move topics over there?

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:23 am

wazzyl wrote:hey troy i have seen your main website, maybe it should be cool if we could create a phpbb theme from your website to make it fit :)
i can help you for free, as a subscriber from youtube i want to help you with it! Love your project.

How is the siding doing of your house?

Maybe you can make me moderator to help your forum to keep posts the right way and clean the big mess!
Have you ever thought about it to make a archive on forums so mods can move topics over there?
Thank you very much for your offer. It would be nice to have the forum fit my website. One problem is I have made major modifications to the template though so I will have to proceed carefully when testing it.

The siding is on hold due to very wet and still snowy weather. Cant cut wood when its wet. Dont want to put on wet boards either.

I could use a moderator and some cleaning up of the forum but first I need to build up trust with you. Hope you understand. Lets give it some time. Please give me a reminder after a while.

Right now I am still moving to a new server. It is taking a long time. So things are not going very fast at the moment anyway.

wazzyl

Post by wazzyl » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:32 pm

i'do understand you need to take the time for me being accepted as a moderator, and i agree for that.
Should be strange if i will accept you as a moderator on my website aswell! So take your time.

after you made your design good for your website i will promise to make your template the same!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks