New User --- Comcast vs. Yahoo

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
newbolddm

New User --- Comcast vs. Yahoo

Post by newbolddm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Hello. I just registered as a new user and wanted to relay a problem I had in trying to do so.

Originally, I established myself an account with USER ID: newbold1 Associated to this I used my Comcast (cable internet provider) e-mail address. However, apparently Comcast will not allow the registration e-mail through to me at all. I tried several times to have the registration e-mail sent so that I could activate my account with this forum but it never arrived. It wasn't in my spam / junk mail. It wasn't anywhere.

So, finally, I gave up. I created myself a Yahoo account. I think had to re-register here with a new USER ID: newbolddm And, I had to associate the Yahoo e-mail address to it. I then received my registration e-mail and was able to confirm gaining access to this forum.

Afterward, I wanted to change the associated e-mail with USER ID: newbolddm to my Comcast e-mail since that is truly the e-mail that I pay attention to and use everyday. However, the forum won't allow me to do so since now my "real" e-mail is locked up on that newbold1 user account which has never been activated and will never be activated at this point.

I am hoping that an administrator on this forum can just delete the newbold1 user id. I will use newbolddm since it now works and once newbold1 is gone I can hopefully change the e-mail in my profile to the Comcast one instead of the Yahoo one which I will likely never use.

Lastly, I think you might have some other folks interested in joining the forum but that cannot get past the same issue I was having. Some people might not go through the trouble to create a different e-mail to try to get past it. I'm not sure if there is something that can be done on the forum to fix this or not but figured I would at least make you aware in case you had not already heard about this problem.

Thanks!

lumpy

Re: New User --- Comcast vs. Yahoo

Post by lumpy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:17 pm

I seriously doubt that it is a phpbb problem. most likely comcast has decided that any emails from a phpbb board are going to be spam. dumb , but places like hotmail have the same issues.
as for getting that account deleted, yes the admin could do this for you. contact the board admin and request it.
I believe this is the correct email address for the board admin:

Code: Select all

info@thediyworld.com
luck,
robert

techman
Site Admin

Re: New User --- Comcast vs. Yahoo

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Done. Happy posting.