Great Videos

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
choo

Great Videos

Post by choo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Just found you on YouTube, spent the weekend watching videos. Great job! Very informative and coming from someone who is living the lifestyle. Keep up the good work.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Great Videos

Post by techman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you very much for you feedback. I am always happy to hear from people. Actually that is what keeps me going every day. Positive feedback from others.

choo

Post by choo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Think the dedicated internet line is great. Doesn't change your offgrid status. Just put the cellphone radio waves into a cord. Good luck with the cameras, its a great idea.

nickbol9

Post by nickbol9 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 am

Troy i love your videos i also live in ny and am converting a bus for my off grid home/rv. i would love to send you a care package!!! maybe pm me your po box and ill try to hook you up

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:30 pm

choo wrote:Think the dedicated internet line is great. Doesn't change your offgrid status. Just put the cellphone radio waves into a cord. Good luck with the cameras, its a great idea.

Thank you. I am having trouble getting my web camera to work but I hope to get it going.

I also hope to have a web page set up where you can see the readouts from my weather station and MPPT charge controller. People will be able to check at any time of day or night to see the status of my batteries, solar panels and the weather here.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:31 pm

nickbol9 wrote:Troy i love your videos i also live in ny and am converting a bus for my off grid home/rv. i would love to send you a care package!!! maybe pm me your po box and ill try to hook you up
Thank you. Please email me privately. info@thediyworld.com

choo

Post by choo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Troy, what happened to your electrical system? Last I saw, you were in the dark. Next video is a fashion show. Hope you found the problem. Nice job on the steak!

choo

Post by choo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:19 pm

I saw the DC charger, does it have two alternators? Do you have a video of you building it or of some kind of plans. Thanks

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:51 pm

I did not build it. A viewer built it for me and sent it to me. I am very happy to have it now because I have used it a lot since then.

It has two 100 amp car alternators. It is a very simple device.

Connect a gas engine up to spin a car alternator. It looks like about 1 to 1 ratio on the pulleys.

There are jumper cables coming off the DC output of the alternator.

The coils of the alternator are energized when you connect the jumper cables.

First start the engine. Let it warm up. Then connect the jumper cables. The engine will bog as the alternator fields are energized and charging starts. When the engine is off or out of gas, disconnect the jumper cables or the alternator will drain your batteries when not spinning.

I will do a video of it soon.