Zoning & Building Codes/Regulations

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
higgy

Re: Zoning & Building Codes/Regulations

Post by higgy » Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm

howdy all..

from what I have been seeing in the news both nationally and locally, many states are very anti self-sufficiency.
The use building codes and health regulations to squash any non traditional ways of doing things.

i do wish those that have been harassing you would just move on and live their own life and leave you and your friends alone....

take care and now that Im back online will be chatting with you...
i do enjoy your videos...

higgy

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:27 am

I think that sadly the systems that were put in place to protect people from their own mistakes have gone out of control. The zoning codes were meant to ensure we built our homes safely. Now though they can restrict us and even say that we cannot live on the land that we bought. I have a friend who has owned his property for 15 years now and is still not able to build a home there due to all the red tape.

There are towns that restrict the poor from even moving in at all. My township has some very strict regulations which can possibly be seen as being against the poor. New York is mainly a rich state and it is very hard for middle to lower class people to build a home. Sad.

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:39 pm

The situation at the off-grid homestead seems to be resolved for now, but things could turn fragile at any moment. Do you have a few contingency plans for this? I notice a few folks have offered for you to use a portion of their land at one point. Just a thought.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Thank you. Yes those are good guidelines and I have learned to always be nice, neat and respectful when dealing with any sort of authority. They have to deal with all sorts and even a bad day can be turned around by a smile. Its like a fresh breeze.