House boat picts 4 troy

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
mrreality13

House boat picts 4 troy

Post by mrreality13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:47 pm

heres a couple shots for now troy-messy and alot of work to come
its living space inside is 10'4"w x 14'9"l and only a 6"2 celing,previous owner started to close in front part(bow?) to make a screened in porch/cook area i may finish off next summer.OR close it in properly as its large enough to make a nice sized bedroom buy its self
The big hidious greenish ductaped thingy is covering a old non working ac (cant afford sheet metal to patch the hole yet) and idk if ya can tell the person had it placed nicely east to west so when i do get some solar ill prolly roof mount em theres very lil tree coverage near it cept that 1 you see towards front.
talk at ya soon and keep safe!
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w64 ... b4b2b5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w64 ... 476cf6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never ever approach a puter thinking this will only take a minute

techman
Site Admin

Re: House boat picts 4 troy

Post by techman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Looks like an RV with pontoons. Rough but it looks like it has potential. Hows the inside?

mrreality13

Post by mrreality13 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 pm

the inside was real rough but i made it liveable 4 now-i prity much gutted it and have a 10x14 box im livin in-im in a war atm with mice tryin to get in, will need a roof but 4 now i have a heavy duty tarp i got up tight that will get me through winter,once spring hits my landlord will help me make a roof for it were planning to just use 1/2-3/4 inch plywood and coat it with that rv roof coating.he recomend's usin this silver stuff(forget the name atm) to help with the texas sun.
i have a makeshift kitchen i have a 2 burner propane stove(same 1 as man of many things had in his 1st install in his sj the black one) ,a nice toaster oven and a nice eletric skillet for the chance i run outa propane.and got a good deal on a mini fridge as well as i have acess to a chest frezer at lanlords. I was usin propane to heat with the stove but landlord pointed out co2 and such so he got me a nice eletric heater
This was a take it or leave it oppertuinty, it was this or live in my car basicly(long story) but a good kind person i didnt know that well offered it up and i took it,hes a good christan which i find a lil ironic since im jewish livin in in the heart of the baptist bible belt- :D

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Well it sure is better than a car.

Mice are a constant battle for me too, especially in the forest. Its an ongoing battle.

Hope it all turns out for you.

mrreality13

Post by mrreality13 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am

hey gang hope e1 is well
its workin so far on my land locked house boat-found my self a part time job at least finally so ill be able to save $$ to work on it more in the spring-things have been very tight and winters in TX can be cold/windy but no snow-we do get in the low 20's at night and that makes it tough to heat but landlords being cool about the eletricty /but no indoor plumbing is kinda lousey but survivable especally hand washing clothes when its 35 out//went old school on the mice with poision ,land lord bought it and said its ok to use as long as i take care of the daed ones
got a free non running 2000 watt generator i will futz with(think it need's a new carb) -i will get a HF solar kit and 2 batterys at some point for lighting/tv use --and may try a swamp cooler for summers instead of a a/c
and i have a lead on a lil 20 gall 110v hotwater heater that im thinkin bout usin solar on and a 50 gal rain barrel to supply water to it -landlord says i can build a "wash room" i would do somthin like that shower rack you made and mount the 50 gal on the top w/ a garden hose to fill it and a lil below it a weather tight box for water heater....so many ideas so much time never enough $$ -lol
Hope all is well down under troy and remember to mow on the correct side of that yard :D

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:44 am

Hey, thanks for sharing all of your ideas.

My time down under was amazing. But sadly I had to pay per MB for my internet and did not get to my forum. Hope you are still there.

mrreality13

Post by mrreality13 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 pm

hey troy w/b to the states"mate" ya im still watchin your vids,i got some clearance solar lighting at a home depot from a company called malabu -just a fyi they seem to make nice stuff the 3 i got with a full charge are on still when i leave at 5 am for work(16.99 each) but we do get alot more sun here than up in you "lil rv on the prarie"-lol
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Malibu-LED-S ... /202881794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:34 am

Thank you. Its good to be back at my homestead.

Those look like nice lights. I like the idea of seeing our here in the night without drawing off my main battery bank. I will be setting up a lot more solar lighting this summer.