Health in winter

Suggestions for improvement, new category ideas, comments to the editor.
MotherLodeBeth

Health in winter

Post by MotherLodeBeth » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Between fall and winter people tend to get colds and sick in general and often for simple reasons. Not eating healthy, not getting enough high nutrient calories per day, eating to many sweets, not wearing thermal underwear in cold climates as well as socks that wick away moisture. And lack of sleep and drinking of good water. Even not having a hot shower and clean clothes can effect us mentally.

One reason hunters tend to get sick less according to my Dad, is because hunters tend to eat stews and soups more for meals and these are packed with the health benefits one needs to ward of colds, etc. Hot chocolate and hot teas are healthy drinks because they are packed with positive antioxidants. Root vegetables and in season fruits like apples also have healthy benefits.

Anyone else have winter health tips?

techman
Site Admin

Re: Health in winter

Post by techman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:09 pm

I know that healthy eating does prevent sickness for sure. I was not doing so well for a while there I have to admit.

If you do get sick, raw garlic is a natural antibiotic though. It works wonders for your immune system.

MotherLodeBeth

Post by MotherLodeBeth » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:30 pm

techman wrote:I know that healthy eating does prevent sickness for sure. I was not doing so well for a while there I have to admit.

If you do get sick, raw garlic is a natural antibiotic though. It works wonders for your immune system.
I used to joke that it worked great for my immune system because eating garlic (which I love) keep people away from me which means there is less chance of me catching anything.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:16 pm

haha, thats a fact