Would you build your own house like this?

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
George

Would you build your own house like this?

Post by George » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 am

hi,

there is a place called www.gloghome.com and they don't just offer house plans but house building plans, i.e you can literally used their know-how, to build your own house.

GLOG comes from Green Living Off the Grid, so as you can see, the topic resonates with similar topics posted here.

My question: what would it take you, for example, to use what they are offering.

Thanks!

G.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Would you build your own house like this?

Post by techman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi George,

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. Its so busy with my move. Its finally done and I will be able to settle into a normal routine.

I looked at the info you gave me. I actually looked at the whole site through and through.

I would need land. Thats all I would need to build what they offer.

Otherwise, since I am renting and always mobile, I am considering building a house on a camper frame. I may get an old gutted out camper and strip it to the frame. Build a home on top, well insulated on all sides. I am also thinking about making slide outs like the big, expensive campers have. Make one on each side. When you park, slide them out and have a nice, square living area. When you move, slide them in and drive on.

What do you think?