Introduction

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
chadrook

Introduction

Post by chadrook » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Hello my name is Chad. I am eventually making the move to off grid. I hope to start soon. I have the hard part out of the way, 150 acres with 6 ponds and a river on it. The land came with a small animal shelter on it with two campers. Now these are small campers that I will eventually replace with a cabin. Don't get me wrong, I am not rich or anything and will be moving slowly on this project. I figured solar is rather strait forward and don't expect to have to many problems with it. I will have to cobble water storage together, but that seems rather strait forward also. I will try and git a video up asap, lots going on around here, kids in school and the such. Not to mention the snow storm that came through. It is nothing compared to New York but gust as muddy. And the mud can be a problem.

Chad

techman
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by techman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi Chad,

Sorry for my terribly late reply. I was gone for Easter and then returned to find thousands of spam posts to my website. I just got it caught up today. You just cannot take a break online.

It sounds like you have an awesome property. I am sort of jealous. I am looking for a few acres myself to live on. I am tired of renting and moving all the time.

Having flowing water and fish is very good. I just had a fish dinner last night fresh from the lake. So nice. And the best tasting fish you can get.

Keep us informed about your progress. If you ever need help with your solar, let me know. I am learning a lot of things first hand now that I am living off the grid.