Family size biogas system

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
hi_tech_guy_18

Family size biogas system

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 pm

I was lazy browsing Youtube and landed up on a video featuring this Family size biogas system
http://www.homebiogas.com/products.html

Seems to be a nice Renewable Natural gas alternative to LPG Tanks

- Cooking - they clam 3 meals a day

other uses
- Hot water systems
- Energy (Generator / or TEG Thermal-pile)
You know if you get a Natural Gas 3KW Generator with water cooling you can use the cooling system to warm a pipe loop around the digester tank to keep warm the Anaerobic bacteria the warmer conditions will make them more active and make more gas even in the colder climates.

Manual grinder

However when you have a 3KW Generator you can always add on a Flush Toilet with 750W Macerator with pump and put a 750W garden shredder over the Toilet bowl and a Industrial 750W Kitchen Sink Waste Disposal unit up on the digester that receives the output from macerator and purée's it even more and drops it down into the door opening for putting Food / Waste in to the bio Digester tank

The Treated Water out You pass though an even longer Raised Reed bed and Reuse the Treated side for the cont flushing WC Bowl to wash more waste into the system.

evey few weeks you drain off the reed bed and do a 50 50 water change Water the garden with it mixed with 50 Rain / Stream water and put the other 50 into the bio digester system

The Reed bed has a few Secrets of its own
Its not flooded it drains out into a Treated tank where Solar pond pumps Re Pump the water out of the tank and Pass it more times though the Reed bed (More pass's means better filtering plus helps the fresh stuff pass though with dilution) after a few loops with no fresh stuff being added you can Pump out the water Pass it though a Pond UVC Clarifier & Sanitiser and use the water to push more waste in or water the garden

techman
Site Admin

Re: Family size biogas system

Post by techman » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Had a look at it. That is really cool. My only problem is that it would only work half the year. The other six months would probably be too cold for it unless I had it in a sheltered, warm area.

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Troy 6 months active will make the other 6 months biogas quite easy

You just use Bladder tanks to store the gas
http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/bladder_tanks

You Use 2x 12V Vacuum pumps
http://proto-pic.co.uk/12v-vacuum-pump/
IN PUMP - pumps the gas out the digester and fills the bladder (pre filting to remove the water
OUT PUMP - Supply's Demand

6 Warm months will make surplus gas [due in summer you not heating a home with it only cooking you will make a large surplus] and with the spring summer autumn
and your peek gas production is in summer

-1ºC= 30.2ºF and below = Anaerobic Hibernation
5ºC= 41ºF and above Anaerobic activation (Slow Gas production + Digestion)
15ºC= 59ºF - 19ºC= 66.2ºF Anaerobic activation (Normal Gas production + Digestion)
20ºC= 68ºF - 59ºC= 138.2ºF Anaerobic activation (Accelerated Gas production + Accelerated Digestion)

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:26 am

Interesting. The tanks are not too expensive.

Maybe in a year or two I can get on to this type of project. I have plans for the next year now. Aquaponics this year.