Heating With Waste Oil - Babington Burner Nozzles

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
homebrewpower

Heating With Waste Oil - Babington Burner Nozzles

Post by homebrewpower » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 am

Hi to all in the group,

Well, I have followed Troy from the very beginning and am gunning for him.

We have had numerous conversations regarding heating and although I own and run a website all about Renewable Energy and Self Sufficiency I also manufacturer by hand something quite unique, the Babington Burner Nozzle.

In a nutshell what it does is allows you to burn ANY combustible waste oil, WVO, WMO, SVO, Canola Oil, Diesel Oil, Paraffin Oil used fry oil and any others you can think of!

I have spoken to Troy regarding this technology and I think I am OK to post a link to my website for you to read more about the Babington Technology I have adapted.

My main website all about renewable energy & self sufficiency
http://www.homebrewpower.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page all about Babington Burner Nozzles and They can be purchased from here
http://www.homebrewpower.co.uk/html-sho ... -sale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please feel free to ask for info on here..

Kind regards

Andy - HomeBrewPower

techman
Site Admin

Re: Heating With Waste Oil - Babington Burner Nozzles

Post by techman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm

I am working on a waste vegetable oil burner to help keep the place warm all night when I am in bed. It will use an upside down can of waste oil with a valve on it. The oil will run down a copper tube which is wrapped around the stove pipe to preheat the oil.

Then the heated oil will drip into the wood stove through a hole in the top and onto a burner which I am making.

The problem I have is that I cannot find anything I can use as a nozzle that can withstand the heat in the wood stove.

Any suggestions?

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:55 am

Brass was use for old kerosene blow torches.
It pritty much hold up well to heat due some for the torches still work as well today as they did back then.
Keep an eye out for yard sales / car boot sales / ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-of-2-Vint ... 53ff37c121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 pm

I have some of these but after asking around I learned that the heat was projected outwards away from the nozzle. With a wood stove or oil burner setup, the heat will be concentrated on the nozzle itself. Brass has a lower melting point.

cold

Post by cold » Sat May 03, 2014 11:01 pm

stainless steel maybe? i believe the melting point is like 2750 degrees F, but i don't know how hot those oil burners get

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:10 am

Yes I am looking for some stainless steel burner nozzles. Actually I am looking for a local heating company and see if I can find some old oil boiler parts. The burner nozzle from that should work well for my needs.

grandads_shed

Post by grandads_shed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:38 pm

techman -- i did wonder if you had ever looked into making one of these oil burners , and why you didn't use one outside of your home to heat water and use that hot water to heat radiators indoors,,
people are using quarter inch copper pipe to make the nozzle ,,

grandads_shed

Post by grandads_shed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:47 pm

homebrewpower
did you know that the link on your web-site to the solar panels for only 44p per watt do not work ?? ebay says that the user name do not exist,

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:37 am

I did not use hot water due to the cost of the copper pipe. I could not afford the copper. Nor could I find enough scrap that I could use. The stuff from the old RV was scrap.

I do hope to add a waste oil burner function to my wood stove this year. I am looking for a high temperature nozzle that I can use on a drip system.

The idea is to wrap some pipe around the chimney pipe of the wood stove. The one end goes into a container of oil with a valve on it. The valve controls the drip rate.

The oil gets heated while traveling through the pipe. Then it drips out onto the top of the burning logs in the wood stove. It should burn nicely and fully at this time.

grandads_shed

Post by grandads_shed » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:46 pm

most people dont use a nozzle, just a quarter inch copper pipe, it works ok because the pipe is above the flames