Comments related to this video

techman
Site Admin

Comments related to this video

Post by techman » Fri May 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello everyone. I am going to experiment with opening a forum for each video that I upload from now on. I have long considered this idea.

Anyone who wants a troll free and safe area to chat or share their ideas and suggestions can post here from now on. Please put your suggestions or comments under the proper video to avoid confusion.

This will go along with the YT video comments but I am going to lean more towards the forum from now on due to YouTube allowing trolls to have free reign while reducing the control of channel owners.

Blocking now only blinds me from seeing what they can write anyway. Here on the forum I have complete control.

Thank you. Hope to see you all here.

Troy

THamilton

Re: Comments related to this video

Post by THamilton » Sat May 28, 2016 6:54 pm

I agree, it is a bit more difficult to write comments related to your YouTube videos, but if this will give you and Melanie some peace of mind, then by all means, I'm with you. I have just come to ignore the trolls, and could care less. When they private message me, I don't even give them the time of day. Melanie is doing so well with the garden. I know that tilling is hard work, but she is a great tender of those plants. So glad that Chris has taken time to help you two, good friends are hard to come by. Melanie, you are so cute when you got those solar lights and new Melanie Lane street signs. I planted some of those Dollar Store pinto beans last year and got three pounds of beans from 30 beans that I planted. Take some of that old beer if you still have it laying around, and use it for slugs and snails. I believe that is what is eating your young bean plants. Also, go ahead and plant some of the lima beans, it should take only a week or so for you to find out if they will grow, and if they don't, just plant something over the top of them. Best of luck with the garden, it is really taking shape. God Bless and take care.

Hector

Post by Hector » Sun May 29, 2016 10:05 am

Good morning Troy, I know how it is when people accuse you of things that never happened. I've been accused of many things and it hurtful when people do this for their gain. I think that this forum would be better than the youtube comment section since there is no control over it.

I do learn a lot from you and others who enjoy the simple life off gridding and I should know, I was off grid back in the 70's when I was younger. I'm 50 now and I know how simple life is. And by the way, glad you and your wife are happy :)
To live a simple life is to just be simple. :)

graham158

Post by graham158 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:35 am

Hi Troy

Me again

LOL yes I have had those comments about you sent to me but I dont care you entertain me so I will keep watching. I would agree with turning comments off.

I would recommend a section for each months video e.g. January (has sub folders in it for each individual video) February (same again) and so on as not the over load the forum and to make finding a video easyer (if someone is watching videos that are months old) I think that would be a good idea. :)

Regards

Graham

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:41 am

Thank you for the suggestions. I will consider the idea. For now I am moving forward with the forum and comments on here. At the same time I will leave comments open on YT for those who prefer it. But I will try to move people here for a troll safe area.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:03 am

THamilton wrote:I agree, it is a bit more difficult to write comments related to your YouTube videos, but if this will give you and Melanie some peace of mind, then by all means, I'm with you. I have just come to ignore the trolls, and could care less. When they private message me, I don't even give them the time of day. Melanie is doing so well with the garden. I know that tilling is hard work, but she is a great tender of those plants. So glad that Chris has taken time to help you two, good friends are hard to come by. Melanie, you are so cute when you got those solar lights and new Melanie Lane street signs. I planted some of those Dollar Store pinto beans last year and got three pounds of beans from 30 beans that I planted. Take some of that old beer if you still have it laying around, and use it for slugs and snails. I believe that is what is eating your young bean plants. Also, go ahead and plant some of the lima beans, it should take only a week or so for you to find out if they will grow, and if they don't, just plant something over the top of them. Best of luck with the garden, it is really taking shape. God Bless and take care.
Thank you very much.

Sadly many people believe in tabloid rumors no matter what the source. Many people believe the messages that they receive and many actually turn against me in the fight. Sad but true. This may hopefully help out.

reba49

Post by reba49 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:37 am

I have been watching and i love that you are not a expert and are only learning as you go along it shows alot of us that we can do it if we try. Troy you and Melanie do what ever you want on your land its yours to do with as you please not as anyone else pleases So ignore the bad enjoy the good and keep on posting I really enjoy watching. And Melanie has the tiny house on wheels looking very good she is a great partner for you Good luck to you both

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Thank you