Setting Up A Solar Powered Cryptocurrency Mining Farm

Please feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions related to our YouTube videos here. Anything from chatting to suggestions can go here. Please keep it related to the video listed under the link in order to prevent confusion. This forum is for anyone who is tired of the YT trolls and would like a clean, safe place to discuss our videos. Thank you.
techman
Site Admin

Setting Up A Solar Powered Cryptocurrency Mining Farm

Post by techman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:57 am

I am putting together a fully automated solar powered cryptocurrency mining farm on wheels. I am repairing an old popup camper with hard sides to hold my mobile cryptocurrency mining farm.

The reasons for using a camper instead of using one of the rooms in our home is simple. I have a family and cannot use the rooms in the house for this. Also these computers produce a lot of heat. And finally it is easier to secure a closed room in a separate building with motion sensing alarms when nobody is moving around all the time.

I am using an Arduino micro computer to control and fully automate the entire operation. The Arduino will control the alarm system, sensors for light, heat and moisture and also the voltage sensors to turn on or off cryptocurrency mining rigs as needed.

There is a light sensor to detect day or night. All systems will be shut down at night to conserve energy. There will be moisture alarms and heat alarms which can trigger a full system shut down if needed to protect the computers from damage.

And most importantly there is a volt meter built into the system which monitors the solar battery bank voltage at any given time. As solar power becomes available the Arduino micro computer will turn on a cryptocurrency mining rig. As more energy becomes available during peak sunlight hours more mining rigs will be turned on. If clouds, rain or night approach, the Arduino micro computer will shut down the cryptocurrency mining rigs as needed to protect the solar battery bank from damage through over discharge.

So far I have the micro computer working with the volt sensor and the ability to control three mining rigs. There is also a day/night sensor to turn off all the computers at night.

I still have to fine tune the volt meter though because the power inverter is messing up the volt readings.

But eventually I will run all the mining rigs using Pico ATX DC power supplies to power the motherboards and DC DC converters for the 12 volt graphics cards. This will eliminate all power supplies and power inverters.

You can find all the videos where I am setting up the Arduino micro computer here: https://www.diytube.video/playlist/4426

HomesteadPrepperAZ

Re: Setting Up A Solar Powered Cryptocurrency Mining Farm

Post by HomesteadPrepperAZ » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi there, Troy, I have got to say well done, I have been following your video's for a long time. I am really enjoying this crypto mining rig farm series, just awesome. The use of Arduino micro computers for mining rig controllers is brilliant and the use of them to keep your battery bank healthy is very nice. I also like where you are going with your security system as well. I think you have thought this whole system out very well. I would like to learn to use these Arduino micro computers as well. I think they have so many possibility's, and I look forward to experimenting with them. Have you thought about venting a green house with them? Also controlling a solar powered swamp cooler? I live in the desert so heating is not our mane issue, but as I am thinking of this could a large compost pile in or attached and vented into the green house help to keep it warm over the winter? Well maybe that's just a rabbit trail lol. Thanks for reading my rambles.
James 5:7-8
7 Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains....