Snow and power

Please feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions related to our YouTube videos here. Anything from chatting to suggestions can go here. Please keep it related to the video listed under the link in order to prevent confusion. This forum is for anyone who is tired of the YT trolls and would like a clean, safe place to discuss our videos. Thank you.
BethGrantDeRoos

Snow and power

Post by BethGrantDeRoos » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Love seeing the new greenhouse etc. Today the news was showing a massive snow storm in upstate New York and I was curious how the green house would stay warm and the fish unfrozen if you lacked stored solar power for more than a few days.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Snow and power

Post by techman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:56 am

Hi Beth,

Sorry for the late reply. I am working on setting up a Mac that someone gave me. Its old and needs some work but it does not reboot every time I open it up. Last time I was programming on my PC and it rebooted during my work, losing it all.

Anyway, I am struggling to keep the greenhouse at a decent temperature without the wood stove. I am hoping to get the wood stove installed soon.

But at least when the sun shines I am hitting temps in the 50s during the day even on colder days so it is keeping the greenhouse above freezing temperatures at night for now. Just above.