Military Surplus Gear

SurplusSupply

Military Surplus Gear

Post by SurplusSupply » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:41 pm

I will try my best to answer any questions you might have. (What's good? What's junk? How to use? etc.)

SurplusSupply

Re: Military Surplus Gear

Post by SurplusSupply » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Just to clarify.... I'm not selling anything. I do sell locally, but I will NOT sell anything through this forum. That wouldn't be right. I can give information on just about any item. I'm waiting for input from you guys regarding what items you would like to know about (or just anything you would like to ask). Here are few of the items I have dealt with. I can speak on the use or availability of the items and so forth. :)

(camelbak, canteen, shelter half, tent, sleeping bag system, uniform (bdu, acu, multicam), trioxane fuel, jerry can, folding shovel, 550 paracord, "tactical" gear, helmet, field desk, gas mask, rucksack, boots, mess kit, etc.)

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:05 pm

SurplusSupply wrote:Just to clarify.... I'm not selling anything. I do sell locally, but I will NOT sell anything through this forum. That wouldn't be right. I can give information on just about any item. I'm waiting for input from you guys regarding what items you would like to know about (or just anything you would like to ask). Here are few of the items I have dealt with. I can speak on the use or availability of the items and so forth. :)

(camelbak, canteen, shelter half, tent, sleeping bag system, uniform (bdu, acu, multicam), trioxane fuel, jerry can, folding shovel, 550 paracord, "tactical" gear, helmet, field desk, gas mask, rucksack, boots, mess kit, etc.)
Thank you for your consideration in not trying to sell stuff here. That having been said, I am going to reopen my store soon. I will be selling items people prepare themselves for the most part. If you have anything that would fit with the store, please email me info@thediyworld.com

Troy

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:41 pm

hmm.....interesting.

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:36 pm

If no one asks a question soon, I've decided I will select an item at random and post tutorials on all aspects of the item. At least that will put some good info out there. It will be a novice prepper's guide of sorts.

Entries will go something like this:

A.L.I.C.E System Rucksack with Frame

Availability: plentiful
Approx. Value: $25-$40 with frame
Approx. issued dates: 1970s-1980s (1990s?)

Notes: The shoulder strap release is a unique system. If you would like to see an assembly
tutorial let me know. I will post a step-by-step guide.

This rugged nylon backpack is of a simple style considered to be
outdated by some, but few can argue against the versatility
and capacity of the external frame design. The U.S. rucksack
does receive low marks for comfort by some users, however
comfort levels can be improved greatly with a few simple modifications.
This pack is a high value item, and it should be a prepper standard.
Grab the large size pack when available for your Appalachian trail style
excursions or choose the medium size for a day pack or 72 hour pack
known for its high durability.

I refer you to this wiki for highly detailed specific info about the a.l.i.c.e. system which I will not delve into:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-purpos ... _Equipment
Attachments
0808141543.jpg
0808141543.jpg (219.53 KiB) Viewed 28176 times
Last edited by SurplusSupply on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:20 pm

This is the more comfortable style of shoulder strap. There are three or more styles of shoulder strap available.
Attachments
0808141544.jpg
0808141544.jpg (205.39 KiB) Viewed 28176 times

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 pm

A view of the roomy interior. The style is of a single large pocket with drawstring type with three (six in the large size) smaller pockets on the exterior. It's great for long distance. It sucks for losing your keys or other small items. Store your smaller items in a container inside the pack.
Attachments
0808141544a.jpg
0808141544a.jpg (166.85 KiB) Viewed 28175 times
Last edited by SurplusSupply on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SurplusSupply

Post by SurplusSupply » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Was this guide helpful? Should I continue to post entries like this, or should I proceed in another manner? Let me know.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:43 am

Thank you. I find your post interesting and helpful so far. The number of views on your post will tell you how many people are watching. Let's see how it goes. It certainly is good quality content.

Troy