Everyone needs to grow up a little.

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
monroe

Everyone needs to grow up a little.

Post by monroe » Sun May 01, 2016 3:47 pm

There's a couple of channels that have this weird association with drama. Not in the least, Troy, Doc, this "Wizard" guy, Nomadic Fanatic, the Australian guy with the tiny pickup, to name but a few.

I just don't understand why - it's so ridiculously childish. You're all well into your thirties, some of you are older. I enjoy many of your channels, excluding the ones involving the conflict. I simply don't understand why grown men harbour such childish grudges - it reminds me of the executive board of my most recent employer (I won't attend this meeting, I don't want to sit next to x). What is the purpose of this? Does this conflict add any value to your lives? If you are so incensed against each other, why have you simply not eliminated each other?

This does sound a bit ranty, but I am told that some of the aforementioned to frequent this forum. Perhaps what you all need (and this is offensive, for which in this case I do not apologise), is a good slap around the head. You all have incredible projects. You are all making a living. That should be enough for you.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Everyone needs to grow up a little.

Post by techman » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:43 am

I do not understand it myself. All we want to do is live in peace and make our videos. Those people may browse the forum but they cannot post here. I watch closely for anyone trying to sneak in.

Vindi

Re: Everyone needs to grow up a little.

Post by Vindi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:59 pm

monroe wrote:There's a couple of channels that have this weird association with drama. Not in the least, Troy, Doc, this "Wizard" guy, Nomadic Fanatic, the Australian guy with the tiny pickup, to name but a few.

I just don't understand why - it's so ridiculously childish. You're all well into your thirties, some of you are older. I enjoy many of your channels, excluding the ones involving the conflict. I simply don't understand why grown men harbour such childish grudges - it reminds me of the executive board of my most recent employer (I won't attend this meeting, I don't want to sit next to x). What is the purpose of this? Does this conflict add any value to your lives? If you are so incensed against each other, why have you simply not eliminated each other?

This does sound a bit ranty, but I am told that some of the aforementioned to frequent this forum. Perhaps what you all need (and this is offensive, for which in this case I do not apologise), is a good slap around the head. You all have incredible projects. You are all making a living. That should be enough for you.
I agree with you. It needs to stop. A line is being crossed that should not be crossed. Frankly, I didn't give a rip to comment on these trollish things until I heard a new threat come forward to a human that isn't even breathing the air outside..and then something snapped inside of me! I had to comment on another thread about it all.