My Introduction. Ryan Romero / dbzarea2000

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Ryan Romero

My Introduction. Ryan Romero / dbzarea2000

Post by Ryan Romero » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:52 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Ryan Romero or you may already know my nick name online dbzarea2000 (yes : dragon ball z is what it stands for back in 2000 my oldest daughter loved that cartoon *Me Too* and I kept that online handle from back in 2000 still today!) from the deep south. Lafayette, Louisiana to be specific. I was the head of the IT department for 9 years before the company I worked for went under (Circuit City) so I am extremely well versed in computers, then worked as a manager for Radio Shack for a few years which got me versed well with a variety of electronics, then to the offshore world running large equipment from forklifts to cranes. A degree in Drafting and Design and Web Development. A jack of many trades, My hobbies consist of Solar Power, Computers and Electronics, and a dire need to understand fully of anything I do, including but not limited to mechanical work and modifying equipment to work differently than it suppose to. And last but not least, Long Term Preparation from Food to Shelter. I still work a 40 to 60 hours per week on land now running large equipment, and ruffly 50% off grid as I have little ones and want to make sure they have every comfort I can give them; Hence I still have utilities but if something happen I could do without. As Radio Shack had a modo for a while, You got questions, I have answers! I'll help the best I can with the questions you need answers too!

So go ahead, ask a question. If I cant answer it, Troy or one of the Moderators might be able too.

Ryan Romero,

Geaux Solar!
Ryan Romero,

The Cajun Rocket Scientist

Geaux Solar!!! :idea:

techman
Site Admin

Re: My Introduction. Ryan Romero / dbzarea2000

Post by techman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. Your help will be very much appreciated. Right now the forum is a little quiet and I have to do more advertising. It was insanely busy before I moved to a new server. The change over took a while and I lost some traffic. It is coming back and I am happy to have you on board.