Im Getting ready to get a camper

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Deans 87

Im Getting ready to get a camper

Post by Deans 87 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:42 am

I'm getting ready to get a camper off Craigslist for free and would like to make it off grid and would like to know how to do this I can't work and have no source of income but would like to know how I can do this with things laying around

techman
Site Admin

Re: Im Getting ready to get a camper

Post by techman » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:25 pm

You at least need a truck or something to haul materials with. I have no idea what you plan to do with your camper or how you plan to get it home with no money.

After that, what are your plans with the camper. I cannot answer your question without more input.

What do you need?

Heat?

Power?

Water?

Waste disposal?

It all depends on your situation.

Deans 87

Post by Deans 87 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:35 am

Well my girlfriends mom is planning on getting me 11acres of land I'm wanting to use solar for power wood for heat if there's a stream or lake that what I'll use for water I'd like to know if that's a good choice and how to make it all work out thanks for your time

Deans 87

Post by Deans 87 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:39 am

I plan to live in it full time and I was thinking of a compost toilet I'd also like to try and live off the land as well

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 am

Sounds like a good plan.

Composting toilet is easy. Go back to my RV videos and see how I made one using a 5 gallon bucket and a nice oak toilet seat. Looked good and worked well. I should say it still works good. It is still there.

Solar and wind power are good too if you have a clearing for them.

Water power is easy enough if you are handy with tools. A treadmill motor can be found for free and this makes a nice amount of energy when spun up in the wind or with water flow