Troy's ~ Farm Fresh Omelet

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Ksfixitman

Troy's ~ Farm Fresh Omelet

Post by Ksfixitman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Omelet.jpg
Omelet.jpg (75.09 KiB) Viewed 12223 times
Well it looked really good.

I'm sorry to say I'm not a Broccoli fan but it still looked delicious.

Now the part that I was really interested in was the use of the cast iron pan. I do not know why but I have never had a chance to use one but after seeing this video I believe I will be looking in to buying one for the future.

Thanks for the video Troy. https://youtu.be/-5PZaOH2lRc

OutOfPlaceNinja

Re: Troy's ~ Farm Fresh Omelet

Post by OutOfPlaceNinja » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Be sure to learn how to season it and care for it properly. If seasoned and cared for properly, you will love it. I only have one cast iron skillet but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I picked it up from a thrift store for about $5. I haven't had a chance to use it because I haven't cleaned it up or seasoned it yet. It looks seasoned already though. Long ago I used some cast iron cookware and loved it. I just don't cook much anymore lol.

Ksfixitman

Post by Ksfixitman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:59 am

Yes I have heard that before. I'm looking forward to getting me one. :D

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:35 am

Once I tried cast iron I never went back to anything else. The no stick stuff sold in stores is unhealthy for you. Information is only just coming out about it.

Cast iron is the original and the best non stick. And it will last you a life time. Then you pass it down to someone else for their lifetime.

I get most of mine at garage sales for about $5 per pan. Some of them are antiques and worth way more than that as collectors items.

Happy you liked the video. Thanks for watching. The omelet was very good.