Hi question

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
maryhope8

Hi question

Post by maryhope8 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:00 pm

hello
I was wondering about a couple of things
* have you seen Black Scout Survival on you tube? Might assist you in a few way.
I enjoy yours seems more practical. I have done survival activities for real with river and fishing. I can cook on a fire I do most everything except baking.
* how about gardening by the Moon? I am armature at it but my Dad practiced it and fed a family of 10 except for a few things. He did not hunt. We did not do chickens.
* he would plow every 7 years and practiced rotation. He planted green beans, rye grass because it put nitrogen in the soil.
* I see you busy I can relate. You can grow potatoes in a hay bale. I use containers here more manageable.
Anyway just a way to say hi in your forum.
Blessings always
Mary Hope

techman
Site Admin

Re: Hi question

Post by techman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi Mary,

Sorry for the late reply. Been traveling the World a lot this month. I am back now full blast.

Thank you for watching the videos and welcome to the forum.

I have not seen that channel.

I am hoping that next year, with the help from Melanie, I can get my head on straight and get my planting done better. It is hard to run all of this alone and I have long said I need a full time helper/helpmeet over here.

I have long studied the old ways and hope to implement them more and more into my daily life.

Troy