Refridgeration

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
dawa3100

Refridgeration

Post by dawa3100 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:06 am

Troy,
I also made a comment about this on YouTube, but since you moved over here I'll ask again. Now that spring and soon to be summer what are your thoughts on refrigeration? I know you have had some really nasty luck with this in the past. I'd also like to say good work on the tiny house. I have a few idea's for the vent/wiring holes you had to drill tho the walls to help seal them up better from bugs and other critters, but for now one thing at a time.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Refridgeration

Post by techman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:37 am

Hi, thanks for bringing this to the forum. It is a good topic that should be shared with everyone.

I have been using a 5 gallon bucket for now out on the porch while its cold out. But it is not precise and some things freeze and get damaged.

I will be using the propane fridge soon for a while once the weather warms up. But that will be temporary.

I hope to get a freezer and use it as a fridge with the conversion kit you can find online. This is basically a thermostat that controls the temperature of a freezer, turning it into a fridge. A freezer is insulated better than a fridge so it makes a better and more efficient fridge.

I hope to find a freezer with exposed coils on the back side. This would allow me to insulate the freezer on the sides and top for even more efficiency.

NazikuKaido

Re: Refridgeration

Post by NazikuKaido » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:08 am

dawa3100 wrote:Troy,
I also made a comment about this on YouTube, but since you moved over here I'll ask again. Now that spring and soon to be summer what are your thoughts on refrigeration? I know you have had some really nasty luck with this in the past. I'd also like to say good work on the tiny house. I have a few idea's for the vent/wiring holes you had to drill tho the walls to help seal them up better from bugs and other critters, but for now one thing at a time.
Refrigeration thing. let me just add something here. During summer, the reflectance of the ground becomes higher because as the ground heats up, it could reflect more sunlight.

What I am saying is, what if we create an underground refrigerator which is solar operated and it gives off the heat back to the ground.
I am the best greatest ever
:shock: :? 8-) :twisted: :lol: