How did you break your rib

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Sailmacgregor

How did you break your rib

Post by Sailmacgregor » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi Troy,

Been watching your videos for the past month, finally got caught up to date. Last one you mentioned you broke your rib. You didn't fall off that roof cleaning that pipe did you? It must have been crazy slippery with snow on a steel roof. Enjoyed watching all the previous videos that got you to where you are now with the tiny house on wheels.

techman
Site Admin

Re: How did you break your rib

Post by techman » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:38 am

I think it was while cutting wood. Well trying to split wood that is. The wood was hard and the ax was bouncing off like it was hitting rubber. All the energy went back into my body. I fractured a rib that I keep breaking every single year for years now. Its a weak spot. I vowed not to break it this year.

Three years ago I fell ice skating. Two years ago it was snow boarding. One year ago while having a water fight in a creek I fell. This year I was so careful. No sports. Oh well, at least its not broken through. Just cracked.

JimW

Post by JimW » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:55 am

I cracked my rib one year when I was getting into the boat after going for a swim. Then about 3 months later I was at work helping a co-worker who was having trouble with their pickup. I leaned over the fender, checking the starter cables and the rib popped again! I managed to finally get it healed up and haven't had any problems with it since (except it sometimes makes a poping sound without pain).
Hope yours heals and don't give you any more trouble!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks. I hope so too. I fear that once broken, they are more easily broken. Once I got a bear hug from a guy and broke the same rib, many years ago. It was BAD. Could feel the bones grinding together and caused a lung infection which put me down for a while on antibiotics.