Youtube Video Comment Suggestion

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Shiftlock

Youtube Video Comment Suggestion

Post by Shiftlock » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Troy, I have a suggestion. Make a new forum category called Youtube Videos in which you start a new thread each time you upload a new video. Make the title of the thread the same as the title of the video, and leave a link directly to the thread in the video description. That way, it's easy for people to know where to comment about a specific video, and they can get to the correct forum thread with one click after watching the video.

guy fawkes

Re: Youtube Video Comment Suggestion

Post by guy fawkes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Troy, I think you should deactivate comments completely on YouTube and just post a link for this forum on description of every video. I think you can disable comments on each video you have.

2292tms

Post by 2292tms » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:28 pm

I like that idea also. We still watch, comment and read comments per the YouTube link.

OutOfPlaceNinja

Post by OutOfPlaceNinja » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:41 pm

Sounds good to me, not sure how popular it would be though. Would be good to include the video in the thread too so some users don't even need to go to YouTube to find the video (can find it just by visiting the forum).

EDIT: If you need some help around the forum, let me know. Not sure if you would trust me enough but I do have experience with admining and moderating forums.
Last edited by OutOfPlaceNinja on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:22 pm

This does sound like a good idea. My first post on the forum :D

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Shiftlock wrote:Troy, I have a suggestion. Make a new forum category called Youtube Videos in which you start a new thread each time you upload a new video. Make the title of the thread the same as the title of the video, and leave a link directly to the thread in the video description. That way, it's easy for people to know where to comment about a specific video, and they can get to the correct forum thread with one click after watching the video.
I have often considered this idea but it would be a whole lot more work for me. I dont want to replace the comments so much as just bring more serious conversations over here for permanent storage and in a searchable format.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 pm

OutOfPlaceNinja wrote:
EDIT: If you need some help around the forum, let me know. Not sure if you would trust me enough but I do have experience with admining and moderating forums.

Thank you. I am not sure yet if I need a moderator but please remind me in a month or so. I believe this is going to become hot and heavy soon.