Hello everyone.

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Kendall_G

Hello everyone.

Post by Kendall_G » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi everybody :) I'm new to the DIY forum but have been watching Troy's videos for some time now.
After watching his recent video about all the trolls and what we can do to help his channel I've decided that its time that I stop lurking about his videos and start meeting you people!
A little about me.. I'm an 18 year old male still living at home, for the time being at least. I'm in my final semester of my senior year and graduating with the top of my class. My interests are soccer, track, cross country, working on cars, camping, fishing and a whole lot of other things.
Recently I have decided to start building a tiny house (thank you troy!) with my girlfriend of nearly a life time it seems.. We bought a 24 ft Holiday travel camper and just recently finished tearing it down to the frame! We're hoping to start building the sub floor sometime this weekend.

Enough about me though.. I'd love to hear back from all of you and get to know the community!

-Kendall
-Kendall

techman
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by techman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Kendall,

Welcome to the forum.

It feels so good to build your own home. I hope you spent some time researching ideas for yours. Each one is different from the other and unique because it is built individually. I love the tiny home movement.

I stare at the walls in here every single day. Literally every day amazed at how nicely it is turning out. I love this place. But I still have a lot of work to do before its done.

Hope yours turns out well.

Kendall_G

Post by Kendall_G » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Thanks for the reply :)

I've spent a long time just watching tiny house videos and researching how they're built and I think I've finally decided exactly how I want mine to be built.

I love your house, it looks very "woodsy" and well done. You can tell you've put a lot of work into it, even if you havn't seen all of your videos.

have a good one!
-Kendall

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Thank you. Yes I have put a lot of hours into this house and still have a long way to go. But it is very rewarding when I look it over. I love it.

BIG-TRAVELER

Post by BIG-TRAVELER » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is Traveler I also Living full time in a motorhome but in the netherlands and i can see Its no fun Its forbitten in the netherlands to live off the grid in a RV But ok . 8-)
I folow Troy a long time and I can only see Thumbs up troy ;)
And to all Sorry fore my bad englische i hope you all know that I see.

Troy .. I wish you all the luck and hope you continue to upload more videos
Regards from the Netherlands the Big-Traveler.

Shootist

Post by Shootist » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:27 pm

BIG-TRAVELER wrote:Hello Everyone,
My name is Traveler I also Living full time in a motorhome but in the netherlands and i can see Its no fun Its forbitten in the netherlands to live off the grid in a RV But ok . 8-)
Hello Big-Traveler

Your English is fine.

Have you seen "The Ramblings of Bry" - An off gridder in UK, living full time in a motorhome? He is on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/music2003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
"Libertarians are such elitists. They think you know how to run your own life better than they do."

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:09 pm

BIG-TRAVELER wrote:Hello Everyone,
I folow Troy a long time and I can only see Thumbs up troy ;)
And to all Sorry fore my bad englische i hope you all know that I see.

Troy .. I wish you all the luck and hope you continue to upload more videos
Regards from the Netherlands the Big-Traveler.
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here.

Your English is fine by the way :)