capturing energy from wood stove

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
LibraBlackfoot

capturing energy from wood stove

Post by LibraBlackfoot » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:47 am

http://www.biolitestove.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have enjoyed watching your you tube channel. For the past few months I watched your entire off grid living video experience. Some failures, many successes. The fact that you made the efforts in these endeavors, regardless of uncertain outcome, kudos.

Anyhow... a little late to your new unfortunate circumstance... I was reading pop Mech magazine.... I saw the Biolite stove and thought of your barrel stove, and how to integrate the power generating portion into your heating...

Granted this may not be in your priorities... with the distractions posed by outside forces.

Please continue your ongoing tribulations of innovation, the timeless struggle of man over nature, with nature, a balance you seem to be on the verge of balancing.
Walk like he did. Love like he did. Accept like he did. Forgive like he did.

techman
Site Admin

Re: capturing energy from wood stove

Post by techman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:31 am

Thank you for the post.

I have always been interested in such an idea but they do not produce much power really. For the cost per watt solar or wind are very much more affordable than heat energy. But it is fun to play with and one day I want to make one just for fun.