Protection from wild animals

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
Western Rose

Protection from wild animals

Post by Western Rose » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:05 am

Hi Troy: I have been watching your videos for some time and watching your struggles with wire fencing around your garden. An old timer told me that if a male urinated around the garden perimeter that deer would not cross so I had my husband and sons"mark" their territory by peeing around the outside of my garden with their backs to it to give a boundary.
Not once did wild animals get into that garden. As well, I would save dog hair from when I brushed my dogs and put it along the perimeter of my flower beds to save the deer from eating my "hosta salad bar" as my sons would call it. Just a couple of helpful hints. The pee does work!
God Bless, Western Rose

techman
Site Admin

Re: Protection from wild animals

Post by techman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 am

Thank you. For some reason the deer here do not mind any sort of smell I put around. They seem to be used to me and are not scared of me or my smells.

mrreality13

Post by mrreality13 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 pm

along those lines i read some where you can buy wolf urine in a spray and use that to protect the chicks and baby cat
Never ever approach a puter thinking this will only take a minute

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:45 am

I am sure I can get it online as well. But then again they say human urine works well too. Only problem is that it rains her just about every second day so that eliminates anything that needs to be kept dry or gets washed off.

I hope to finish my electric fence to keep large and small predators out of my meadow. I am just thinking about ideas to insulate the smaller posts down lower to the ground but still keep weeds and grass down easily. I am working on a plan.