Welcome to the new chat room

Discussions about The Off Grid Project and The DIY World Youtube videos. Feel free to chat here with one another and share anything you like.
The_Amateur

Re: Welcome to the new chat room

Post by The_Amateur » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:59 am

I remember in a video or two sometime in winter, you got an army surplus heater that took virtually any type of burnable material and had many thousands of BTUs. Are you going to use that at all to benefit your tiny house/RV this winter or use in conjunction with your current wood burner+propane heater on the coldest of nights?

NannerAirCraft

Post by NannerAirCraft » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Would a video review of a solar/crank flashlight I made be ok?

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Only if it was not for pay and if you write a very good description of the review in this forum. Put it under the survival forum category.

bobbylarson80

Post by bobbylarson80 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:16 am

I recall from a earlier video, that you have a creek behind your home. Have you thought to try and make a water turbine to help you with your power and water needs?

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 am

The creek is not on my property. It is about 1/4 mile away as well. Sadly that is not an option

Lori

Post by Lori » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 am

Hi, I am new to all this. I have been watching you videos every day! I will be building my tiny house on wheels. I ordered my plans from tumbleweed, cypress 24 equator. My biggest problem is money, lack of it. Second problem is time. I work full time as an X-ray tech, then babysit my grandson. Right now I live in an apartment and deep in debt from student loans. But I am obsessed about building my tiny home and someday becoming debt free. This seems impossible to achieve but I must find a way. I am learning so much from you and you give me hope! I am 56 years old and will be living by my self. I have very little building experience but hope to find a way. I need to get tools, a place to build and park it. So much to do and learn. This is a life mission and my dream!

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

That bug looks like a Hag moth.

DrBill

Post by DrBill » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:40 pm

MotherLodeBeth wrote:The nuts in the video looks like Macadamia nuts which are indigenous to Australia. In most tropical countries we have been in during the warm months the insect sounds are amplified.

What will you be doing on Christmas Day?
Macadamia nuts can be found growing on their farms on the Big Island of Hawai'i.

HelloWorld

Post by HelloWorld » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:16 am

Howdy

Dragon93

Post by Dragon93 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Troy love your channel. If I was you I would just get rid of the comments and have people come here. Life is too short to put up with trolls.