Your solar panel to Battery bank...

Discussions about solar power and solar energy projects.
Frozenoem

Your solar panel to Battery bank...

Post by Frozenoem » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Troy,
I think I've asked a few times for an answer to this question, using my limited knowledge of solar. I believe I've watched all your videos and just can't ascertain what I'd like answered from them.

What is the greatest distance between your solar panels (say past the chickens. down by the old Christian trailer, to your battery bank?
Is it more than 182 feet or less than that?
If less how many feet?
If more how many feet?
What gauge of wire are you using?
And how many Watts and Amps are you generating per solar bank @ 24 Volts into your batteries.

I'm merely trying to figure out why you can't keep a decent charge flowing into your batteries, using so many panels.
I have done solar before (i'm not an expert by any means) but, keep wondering about your distances, gauges, and taking into consideration all the factors for a decent charge.

Thanks
Froze

techman
Site Admin

Re: Your solar panel to Battery bank...

Post by techman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:09 pm

The limit to my solar power is the fact that the sun barely clears the trees of the meadow in colder months. Thats it. I have more power than I can use in summer months.

I hit nearly 700 watts when the sun is shining directly on the solar panels in the last weeks but that is only for a very short time each day. Otherwise I am seeing more around 500 watts.

Watch, as the sun rises higher and clears the trees more hours per day I will have a whole lot more power.