Suggestion for a Solar Panel mount to Tiny House

Discussions about solar power and solar energy projects.
Spottedwalker

Suggestion for a Solar Panel mount to Tiny House

Post by Spottedwalker » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi Troy

My idea for mounting your solar panels to your tiny house is using the awning from your RV. In one of your videos I think I saw an awning on the other side of your RV which you could use. At least look at it and study it for this use. I have looked at my awning I have on my horse trailer and I can see it being done.

Once the solar panels are mounted it would allow it to be adjusted according to the sun, as well as lowering it to be cleaned. The panels would shelter your porch from the elements. If you should move it wouldn't be a big deal, all you have to remove is the panels the awning would be put back flush to the house.

If the solar panel idea won't work the awning on it's own could work for your porch.

hope this gave you a idea
Spottedwalker from Missouri

techman
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for a Solar Panel mount to Tiny House

Post by techman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 pm

Thank you for the idea. I fear the RV awning though would not be strong enough to support the solar panels. Its frame would just not hold the weight and I have severe winds out here that would rip the awning off in a flash. That is why you will never see me using the awning at all.

I plan to build a rugged frame using wood and mount them on top of the tiny house on wheels soon though. I hope to have it adjustable for the seasons too.