Yeti 400 as a suggestion

Discussions about solar power and solar energy projects.
Solar98632

Yeti 400 as a suggestion

Post by Solar98632 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:22 am

Troy, I know you don't have a lot of money, but if you can save up for the yet to 400, this just might work for you.

It has a 400 watt pure sign inverter, and I am fairly certain you could probably yank the battery out and set up a bank. Or better yet, you will be able to have everything in doors.

No more battery being cold, No more batter issues and for what you are running running, you should have no issues. well save for the air conditioner.

and this has a way to monitor your voltage and amperage coming in and going out.

The battery is also replaceable.

There is the Yetty to 1250 as well but that is one serious chunk.of change. again, it can be put indoors.

The Yetty 400 is chainable as well so essentially you can add on and have an 800 watt system .

The idea of having everything in one convenient place is nice too.

i think that you could eliminate a lot of hassles by trying something like this.

had I known about this earlier, I would have purchased the Yeti 400 a long time ago .

http://www.goalzero.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if you want, check them out.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Yeti 400 as a suggestion

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Ok, now that I am looking at it, for the price, I can get a few of the portable battery packs I am using right now for standby power.

I have a TSC 400 watt portable power pack. This one here: http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/t ... power-play" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has an 18 AH battery and can handle 400 watts through its inverter. Granted it has half the power capacity of yours but I could buy two of these for $100 right now.

This is a very good price though. Most of the time the units like this cost over $100 each.

But still you may consider getting yourself a few of these to extend your power backup with a lot less cost. And in this case if one fails you are out a lot less money.

On the other hand the goal Zero looks very nice and solid.