GTI laws and regulations

Discussions about solar power and solar energy projects.
Gilbs

GTI laws and regulations

Post by Gilbs » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a website/sites that outline utility company law/regulations for Grid Tie Inveters? After hours of scouring I've only seen a small line for my local utility company mandating they need to to be UL certified. I'm located in Colorado, a prime area for solar energy!

Thanks

Gilbs

Re: GTI laws and regulations

Post by Gilbs » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:20 am

By random chance, someone I ran into today actually knew the answer.

My local utility company only wants permit/inspections if you plan on selling power back to the grid and not mind with these lower watt GTIs offsetting your bill. So i'll keep going without worry of guys knocking on my door, but it looks like solar is on the utility companies radar.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... for-solar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Thank you for getting back to us with the information. I read the article. It is a bit older but explains why they cut the benefits for solar homes recently. At least that is what I heard. I do not quality for any tax breaks anyway because I dont have a brick and mortar house.

grandads_shed

Post by grandads_shed » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Gilbs wrote:By random chance, someone I ran into today actually knew the answer.

My local utility company only wants permit/inspections if you plan on selling power back to the grid and not mind with these lower watt GTIs offsetting your bill. So i'll keep going without worry of guys knocking on my door, but it looks like solar is on the utility companies radar.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... for-solar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GOT TO LAUGH AT THAT STORY ,, lol ,
if the companies didnt charge so much then people could afford to keep useing their electric, but no ,, as usual they blame the customers,