DYI solar scooter from store boughtazor eco smart metro

Discussions about solar power and solar energy projects.
scootergirl253

DYI solar scooter from store boughtazor eco smart metro

Post by scootergirl253 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:53 am

I have never before used solar power for anything.... I was hoping to find a simple solar charger/maintainer for the 36v system in the Razor Eco smart metro however I have found nothing that is what I want so I am begging for some help. I want to add solar panels to this scooter (which you can view here in this link for more detail http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Razo ... r/13059766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) I don't want to make any changes that will void my warranty and I only want it to maintain the batteries full charge not charge them from dead. I am willing to buy something that is already built or make some my self if someone can just tell me how. I want this so the scooters battery will stay chargered and their for I can do more running during the day with out having to sit somewhere and wait for it to charge. Thanks for the help!

techman
Site Admin

Re: DYI solar scooter from store boughtazor eco smart metro

Post by techman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 am

You can set it up for solar charging but it will not be portable. You can set up a solar charging station at home for example. But any solar panels large enough to charge the batteries in a decent time will be way too large for you to carry with you.

I would advise setting up a solar charging station at home. Use a plug which will fit into your charging jack on the scooter and charge it up with solar.

grandads_shed

Post by grandads_shed » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:09 pm

it can be done with ""lead acid battery"" but if useing lithium or lifepo or lo-ion then its another thing altogether .. these would need to be charged with their proper type of charger, that will need a inverter to bring up the volts and give AC currant at 120 or 240v depending on what country you are in

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:54 am

I think that with some cheap ebay parts you should be able to charge lithium batteries with solar. Sounds like a good project for me this winter after the tiny house is done.