+70% efficiency hot water??

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
DonJon

+70% efficiency hot water??

Post by DonJon » Sat May 04, 2013 3:08 am

Looks like bullshit to me that this guys machine is producing 70% more "energy" than its using creating hotwater/steam! But figured I'd post his electric "turbine" here... :?:

http://youtu.be/yh_-DUKQ4Uw
- John Donaway
http://fastinghelp.org

Dave Thacker

Re: +70% efficiency hot water??

Post by Dave Thacker » Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Over unity? Nearly all these people are scamming for investment dollars (or dreaming to do so). Nearly all scams share the characteristic of involving something not easy to fully understand. If you did understand it, it wouldn't' be a very effective scam. Likewise, if something is the best investment ever, you have to ask yourself, why is this dude sharing it with me?

There is no free energy, that is to say there is no energy that comes from nothing. In an economic sense, there is free energy. If you see a fire and jump into it, you'll become warm (absorb energy) without any cost in dollars as long as you can stand the pain without going to the pharmacy or the hospital. In fact, it can be quite an economy because if you stay in there too long, you won't have need of any further money for expenses at all. Talk about off the grid!

All the energy sources we use commonly can be boiled down to solar. There are solar panels of course, then there is hydro. How is hydro solar? The energy is in the the fact the water is up high and we can let it fall through a turbine (or wheel or whatever) which will turn a generator and create electricity. It is solar because the sun does the lifting, causes the evaporation and formation of clouds. That is the creation of the energy on our planet, the falling of the rain and flowing of the river is the expression of that solar energy. The lifted water is now moving to the lowest place it can find. When it gets there, the energy potential is gone from it. It gets evaporated from the sea or river surface again and the cycle repeats.

Oil is solar. What? Am I BS'n you? Nope, the sun provided the energy that grew the plant that died, that decayed, grew the plants all the dinosaurs ate who died and decayed. Without solar, there is no oil. So, if you look at it in a rationally objective way, it's all solar, it's all sustainable, it's all renewable and renewing constantly. But, it's not free and never is other than in an economic sense.

Can you see why a fireplace releases solar energy now? Your releasing energy that has been stored by the sun in a material called wood. A kind of battery. (not in the electrical sense of course)

That sun in the sky is an incredibly powerful thing. Most dams catch only the energy of the water falling a couple hundred feet. Can you imagine if we could capture that energy falling from the height of the clouds? A turbine every 200 feet? A damn the footprint of Hoover might power the entire country! But then, there are a few mechanical problems.......

Physics, you got to love it.
Dave Thacker
Radicalrc.com, Owner
Radicalrc.com/blog Blogsite

techman
Site Admin

Re: +70% efficiency hot water??

Post by techman » Mon May 06, 2013 6:23 pm

There are a lot of scams out there but there are also some real gems.

Have you looked into the Bedini motor? Forget any claims of overunity or any other junk.

Just look at its simplicity and how it functions. I use one every day to restore lead acid batteries. No energy created or destroyed, simply using one form of energy to tap into another.