Wind Gerators and DC Motors/ Solar Power

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
Solar98632

Wind Gerators and DC Motors/ Solar Power

Post by Solar98632 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Ok Bear with me.
I have an Idea that uses and old D/C Motor that could turn a 12 Volt generator.
As we know solar pannels them selves can't produce very high out put, unless you have a lot of them.
here is the Idea I have. Get an old wind generator motor Or Build one like techman has put up.
Get an Ol D/C 12 volt motor, Heck rip a razor scooter apart for the motors. those should do well as they only use 6 Volts but have a really High RPM rate.

Now the challenge is Coupling. We can direct couple but we would lose power as power is increased on the wind generator or..we can use a larger pulley and and a smaller pully on the wind generator..What ever size of pulley you want for what ever RPMS you are seeking.

and then of coarse your charge controllers and an inverter.
If done right in theory one should be able to run that motor and use the homemade generator fan to power the generator to charge your batteries and inverter. I will build a mini version of showing you how this can work.

I will begin to night when our son is sleeping.
The idea is solar panels only give out so much energy and it takes a lot of them to get real use full power. Where as connecting a motor to a few panels could yield the same result.
tell me what do you think?
Will this Idea work?
Willing to take tips and tricks as well.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Wind Gerators and DC Motors/ Solar Power

Post by techman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 am

John Bedini has shown how to spin one motor with another and produce electricity. You need to make a sort of radiant energy circuit with the motor that is being spun up to generate power. The radiant energy pulses from this motor is fed into the battery that powers the first motor, charging it back up.

It is nothing new, but it is a bit complicated and requires some modification to the motors. I plan to try this out one day to see what I can get out of it.

Another idea I have is to use the "back EMF" from a motor that is doing some work. Take your motor scooter for example. When you energize a coil, it creates a magnetic field, which is repelled by the permanent magnet in a motor, causing the rotor to spin.

But, when the motor spins a short distance, the electrical connection is broken, the coil is no longer energized. Then the magnetic field collapses. An opposite field is created for a very short time when a magnetic field collapses in a coil. This is called back EMF. But, normally this is grounded out and lost. It is wasted energy. What if you collect this collapsing field of energy and use it to charge a battery?

This can be done. You can charge a battery while a motor is doing some work.

Another project I want to work on one day when the weather gets warmer outside.

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah, My Uncle Burt and I spoke on a many of these ideas( when I was a kid) and even touched on Nicola Tesla and his experiments.

We even spoke on how one can use the earths Magnetic Field to obtain electricity.
Also with the newer super caps coming out, there is a lot that can be done.
NiMh batteries are great but they can have serious consequences when something goes wrong.

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Say that brings up another Idea instead of using batteries what is the possibility of using Slow drain capacitors? I affectionately call them "The Can". These are larger capacitors they don't last as long as a battery BUT, if you connect a few in Parallel and then Series a few, I bet one could be in for quite a "Shock".
The trick is to keep the caps charged and produced the needed energy needed.
The idea behind this is that confounded Battery has issues. It wheres out. Now Slow drain batteries are not capable of starting a car, but they would be great idea for e-cars as well as Home power generation. There cheaper then batteries to. One just has to be Dang sure that the caps are discharged before working on any thing.
If there is some with that kind of money that does a DYI I hope that they can post the topic. I know that the cheap Super caps are about 30 Bucks each.
So I am just throwing an Idea out there.

If I h ad the extra funds I would jump on this in a heart beat.
My Uncle and I did do an experiment using just capacitors to run some motors.and that was energy from caps only. once they we charged. we had about 30 large caps where he was able to bring home a few from the nuclear power plant when they changed things out before they closed Trojan.
They allowed him access to any electronic components save for anything dealing with the Fuel Rods and there processes.

he had a lot of interesting things.

CapeBretonBuddy

Post by CapeBretonBuddy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:04 am

What about using the capacitors for audio systems? Those things are huge and require no soldering..they've got threaded leads to attach nice thick wire to. They're pretty pricey though...i think about 60 bucks, but if i remember correctly, they store thousands of volts....

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures ... ture_id=-1

this one for instance...it's only 30 bucks. Would something like this work for your idea?