Bedini Motor Questions.

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
Grubber

Bedini Motor Questions.

Post by Grubber » Sat May 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Does it work ?
I am following *** (sorry I will be making a video soon - techman)

And I have almost all the materials. Some which I don't are a battery and a copper wire. A question I have is in the video link above, can I use http://www.ebay.in/itm/SUNCA-6V-4-5Ah-S ... 1e9dc30b86 as the battery ?

techman
Site Admin

Re: Bedini Motor Questions.

Post by techman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Somehow I missed your message. Sorry about that.

Yes it works. I have been using mine for about 8 years now and have restored countless batteries with it.

The Bedini motor works best with 12 volt batteries. Sometimes you can get by with smaller batteries but it is hard to tune for them. It is best to tune it and get it working with a standard 12 volt battery.

Grubber

Post by Grubber » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:02 am

Ok I will soon try it when I have some money to invest..

gadgett840

Post by gadgett840 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 pm

hi im new here, I use a desulfator I found at [ poor mans guide ] this thing will renew a rechargeable drill battery all the way up to and including a forklift battery, you can raise or lower the amps by changing the caps. you wont go wrong with this unit, it works amazing.
gadgett840

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:15 am

Hey gadget, any updates on your success with the desulfator. My experience is not as good with them. The ones I have are more for maintenance rather than restoring a battery.

BediniBoy

Bedini Motor Questions.

Post by BediniBoy » Sat May 20, 2017 8:02 am

Hi Troy, I have a few questions about the number of winds on the coil. You said there were 400 windings, is it 200 x 2 (200 on the trigger and 200 on the runner?). When it comes to power out (to charge battery), how many volts do you get when using a 12 volt battery as a running battery? By the way, I'm new to this stuff so don't kill me for "stupid asking" ;-)

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 am

BediniBoy wrote:Hi Troy, I have a few questions about the number of winds on the coil. You said there were 400 windings, is it 200 x 2 (200 on the trigger and 200 on the runner?). When it comes to power out (to charge battery), how many volts do you get when using a 12 volt battery as a running battery? By the way, I'm new to this stuff so don't kill me for "stupid asking" ;-)
Hi.

When it says 400, then it means 400 of each wire, wound together at the same time. 800 total (but wound together. Very important).

The output is around 60 to 200 volt spikes and hard to measure without an oscilloscope.

The battery absorbs this energy and starts to charge up. The spikes of voltage break up the sulfation on the battery plates, improving it as you go.

wiggys.shop

Post by wiggys.shop » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:31 pm

I put together the simplified one that you showed in a video. I did I a couple basic tests. Thought I would post it if you were interested in seeing what the output does under load. Looks like it might be a cool cheap way to desulfate batteries but I'm not seeing any extra energy entering the system on mine.

https://youtu.be/vpzvD43-nRQ

thelittlediyworld

Post by thelittlediyworld » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi Troy :) Been following your life ever since the beginning, and I love everything you do! My favourite videos of yours are the off grid camper series, it was thanks to those I got inspiried to move off grid one day :) And I wan't to live just like you did back in 2013, in a camper in the middle of nowhere, that's the way I wanna live! Thank you soo much troy for making my future bright! I'm hoping to get a free camper soon!

Anyway to the question! Well actually questions :D

I've been wondering a few things about the bedini motor. Do you know how heavy the flywheel has to be? I have a few small tires from bicycles laying around, but I doubt they will work since they are so light weight. I've been thinking about a old car tire rim? do you think that will work? And also, how loose does the bearing have to be? All I know is that they need to be quite loose and have minimum friction, but I've always wondered how easy they need to turn.

Well, I have too log off now, i'll see you Troy!

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:57 pm

The bike wheels are perfect. The flywheel does not have to be all that heavy. The bike wheel with magnets around it turns quite nicely.

If you get too heavy then the magnets probably will not be able to turn the wheel