(Low RPM) Permanent Magnet Generator / Alternator

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
gabrielm

(Low RPM) Permanent Magnet Generator / Alternator

Post by gabrielm » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the diagram of construction (+ how to construct & what material to use) for an alternator with the following specs ?

-->
a) 240 Volts
b) max 50 RPM
c) 50 Hz
d) max. continuous load of 15kW

i understand this would mean some 120 poles..

thanks...gab

techman
Site Admin

Re: (Low RPM) Permanent Magnet Generator / Alternator

Post by techman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:48 am

That is over my head. I know there are formulas for calculating and estimating a generator output before you make it but I also understand that it is some tough calculations. Over my head.

Anyone else out there?

diyharbor

Post by diyharbor » Wed May 13, 2015 4:01 pm

i did a video on a whole build of an axial flux alternator for a wind turbine, it might help you out a little bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCthR5u2sCY

gadgett840

Post by gadgett840 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:47 pm

hi im new and no expert but the herts would be a factor of the operational speed and iv never seen a gen with more than 44 poles. the poles can have more than one coil in it. im building a gen now, well in the designing stages. the outside diameter is a large factor for a slow speed gen. pay close attention to the surface speed of the magnets compaired to the diameter at the center of the magnets. good luck. an hour worth of studying can make or brake the hole project.
gadgett840